cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

LEP100
Explorer
Explorer
It is fiberglass, you just have to be careful and keep that blade flat to the surface and you will have not problem scratching the camper.
The head gun will help too.

LEP100
2500HD Duramax/Allison/X Cab w/3.73
Compass Carriage
33CKQ (Super Pinky)
Prodigy Controler

tedrowan
Explorer
Explorer
Using a razor blade on the trailer seems like it would scratch. Did it? My trailer needs the decals replaced and I had intended to use a heat gun. Was you trailer metal or fiberglass?
Ted and Maryann Rowan __ Cape Cod, MA
2009 Ford F-150 FX4 + 2008 KZ Spree 261 RKS
Two Road Bikes * Two Mountain Bikes * Too little time

D-Low
Explorer
Explorer
zed1k wrote:
My new wheel chocks completed

You better put a BIG chain on those puppies... if I were closer to Canada I might try to abscond away with those beauties!

LEP100
Explorer
Explorer
Carriage did, it is an excellent company that always helps and stand behind their products. Now it is out of warranty but it have been a good camper.

LEP100
Compass Carriage
33CKQ (Super Pinky)
Prodigy Controler

Chuck_Roder
Explorer
Explorer
LEP100 wrote:
Ok Guys this is not really a Mod but if something is not up to my standards it will bug me until is done and fix. So here is some pictures of how my decals looks like before and after.

See ya

LEP100

Did Carriage supply the replacment at no charge, or did you have to buy the decal?

Chuck Roder & Family

[purple]
'07 Surveyor SV-235RS
'16 Chevy Silverado 2500LT All Star Crew Cab 2WD (Gas)
[/purple]

High Springs, FL.

Pictures

LEP100
Explorer
Explorer
Ok Guys this is not really a Mod but if something is not up to my standards it will bug me until is done and fix. So here is some pictures of how my decals looks like before and after.

Taking them out.

nothing to worry about it,

Elbow grease with alcohol 99% and all the sticky film will come out.

Center, measure and install the new decal, there are different ways to install so I will recommend to go by the manufacture instructions.

and the new and final look,

See ya

LEP100
Compass Carriage
33CKQ (Super Pinky)
Prodigy Controler

racer93
Explorer
Explorer
zed1k wrote:

Looks alot better than my wooden ones....sure wish I had a CNC machine to play with! :C
2010 Jayflight G2 32RLS
1989 Chevy Dually 454(Gas Guzzlin' Powerhouse)

John_H
Explorer
Explorer
Walmart had this fairly thick film tent that stated it required no adheasive. After insulation and many tries I can not get the bubbles out. Now this film is really thick,,, re-wetting the window, then film, squeggy finally gave up, looks like,,,,,but does keep the temp. down as advertised.
John H

LEP100
Explorer
Explorer
you will be able to work around the shades without removal. Just take your time and after the first one you will be rolling.

LEP100
Compass Carriage
33CKQ (Super Pinky)
Prodigy Controler

Fisherguy
Explorer
Explorer
You guys that put the film on, do you have day/night shades and if so were you able to work around them or need to remove them?
06 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6 spd std with a few goodies.

2007 Komfort 274TS, 480 watts solar, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600

2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS, 600 watts solar, 3-100Ah Lithiums, 12volt Norcold Fridge

zed1k
Explorer
Explorer

Shawn
2011 Coachmen Freedom Express 230BH LTZ
2004 Silverado 1500 CrewCab 5.3

HedoTravelers
Explorer
Explorer
As far as the cloudiness problem... if you used the traditional film, it should be almost clear as soon as you install it. If you used the vinyl stuff, and you did not use lots of soapy water when installing it, it may not clear up. If that happens, pull it back off and re-wet the glass then re-apply.
Respect,
Brent

TV ~
Searching for diesel TV, Prodigy
Rig ~
Keystone Montana 3400RL
Selling 2010 Keystone Passport 256RLS

"Wherever you go, there you are"

iowassfan
Explorer
Explorer
Also helps to leave it out in the sun to dry if possible.

bcrewcaptain
Explorer
Explorer
if you go to lowes/home depot, you can typically get the larger boxes. I was unable to find the mirror tint at the local auto parts places and the local tinting shop was closed, so options were limited.
man, flat camper windows beat a car any day

campingfool59
Explorer
Explorer
Stupid question where did you find the film??? Thanks!