cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOA - Fixed

bid_time
Nomad II
Nomad II
I have a 2002 F250. The Cruise Control recently quit. I checked the fuses, there isn't one for cruise control and I don't find anything else that may possibly be on the same circuit that doesn't work. I have two buttons, one on each side of the steering wheel. One is the on-off button and then a 3-way button for resume-set/accel-coast. When cruise is "on" and "set" a light lights up in the instrument panel. When I try "on" and "set", nothing happens; no light, no CC. I've tried "resume", "coast", hitting "off" then retrying "on", hitting "on" a number of times, etc., etc., etc. Nothing I've tried seems to indicate where the problem may be. Anyone know any likely suspects?
18 REPLIES 18

Tiger02
Explorer
Explorer
Check your brake lights to include the 3rd one up top. A brake light out can also cause cruise control to not work in some vehicles.
2006 Keystone Outback Sydney 30 FRKS

1997 Ford F350 Auto, 4.10LS Axle, 160,000 Miles, Crew Cab with DRW.

US Army 1984-2016.

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
There may be a fusible link somewhere. I thought that era (maybe just the F150) had a recall on the cruise control.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
Well seeing it is a 2002 I would go to Ford or a aftermarket supplier and buy a replacement part.

Which part? That is the question :@

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Well seeing it is a 2002 I would go to Ford or a aftermarket supplier and buy a replacement part.
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.