cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Drilling holes through floor 2008 Jayco Eagle

stationaryfullt
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking to run some cable through the floor of a couple cabinets to under the trailer. Both cabinets are along the sidewalls of the trailer outside of the frame rails and I will be putting the holes an inch or so from the outside wall, so I don't think I'll hit any plumbing or electrical. One hole will most likely be .75-1" and the other will be closer to 2-2.5" diameter.

However, what will I encounter generally going through the floor. From what I can gather from other holes I've seen, it looks like carpet, OSB decking, a couple of inches of foam for insulation, and a layer of plywood for the bottom of the deck outside. Am I missing anything? What should I use to drill the holes? A hole saw makes sense except it's not nearly deep enough to get through all those layers.
3 REPLIES 3

stationaryfullt
Explorer
Explorer
The gas line runs straight down the center of the trailer under the enclosed belly. I know right where it is. My biggest concern of hitting something would be plumbing or awning power. But, since I'm drilling right next to the outer wall, there should be no way any plumbing there. I would think the awning power would be only in the walls. I can see under the trailer both places I intend to drill without issue and nothings visible down there.

Double_Haul
Explorer
Explorer
You may find your gas line! Mine is under the floor.
2016 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab, Duramax
2005 Terry 270FQS
2006 North River 20' Seahawk

westend
Explorer
Explorer
It may be a sheet of subfloor, a 1"->2" piece of foam and another sheet below that. I drilled 2 1/4" holes in my floor (5/8" plywood, foam, aluminum sheet) and used a hole saw. It worked perfect.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton