cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ducted AC Ceiling vents

Glendale_290
Explorer
Explorer
Just noticed from our Solaire brochure that our upper double bunk bed is missing a ceiling duct. The rear bath that is right beside the bunk has one, but not the bunk. I assuming that the two runs of ducting through the Styrofoam roof of our trailer are running parallel from the front to the back? What are your thoughts? I think they just forgot to do the bunk or are trying to save cutting the hole and the $5.00 for the duct??

The same could be said for the floor grates for the furnace. There is one in front of the dinette that runs a straight line to the furnace in the tv wall cabinet , but none in front of the sofa that runs along the same line??

Should I cut some holes and finish the job?

Lou
2013 Sol Aire Eclipse 269 BHDSK Trailer by Palomino . Tows like a dream with our 2016 F250 6.2L gas Crew Cab & parks extremely well in our short driveway with our Park-it 360XL electric trailer dolly[/]

Have a great 2016 Camping Season!
4 REPLIES 4

SC_camper
Explorer
Explorer
What I noticed while replacing the ac unit on my Jayco is the cold air enters a camber inside the roof at the ac unit. One duct is cut through the roof towards the curb side, that goes to the front, and one is cut towards the street side, and that one goes to the back. All registers are in a straight line, the ducts start from the sides of the ac unit and go front or back.

The Dutchmen we now have does the same thing. But unlike the Jayco that had a register in the "hall" between the bunks and bath door, the Dutchmen has a register in the rear bath and nothing in the rear bunks. The bathroom is like a meat locker and the bunks are warm. It would be nice to add a duct from the bath register and share with the bunk but it looks like a big job involving some major disassembling.

I think it would be a fairly simple job to cut through the ceiling, into a duct, and add a register. If the duct is there.

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
azdryheat wrote:
Pull the bathroom vent and see where the duct goes. If it goes over the bunk then it sounds like an easy job to cut a hole and put in a vent.

That's what I did when I added all my extra "ceiling registers". I removed a ceiling register and then stuck one of the stiffer metal tape measures in the vent hole and extended the tape to see how far the duct was cut out in the ceiling "insulation foam".

The floor registers are probably run using flexible ducting that is just laying in the enclosed underbelly and are not "cut" into the floor insulation like the ceiling registers are.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Pull the bathroom vent and see where the duct goes. If it goes over the bunk then it sounds like an easy job to cut a hole and put in a vent.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
Have you contacted Sol Aire to ask them?
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS