cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

EGR Failure on 6.7 Power Stroke

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's a video on a EGR failure on a 6.7 PSD. I'm surprised of the idle hours this guy is reporting.

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
27 REPLIES 27

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
Cummins12V98 wrote:
RAM and International are taking market share from Ford. Ambulances and wreckers.

Don't know about the wrecker market, but I see GM taking most of Ford's previous market share for ambulance chassis. When Ford stopped offering a diesel in an E450, the only thing left in that class is the GM 4500 Express cutaway with the Duramax diesel. The Ram 4500/5500 or Ford 450/550 are options, but those chassis are 2 feet longer for the same cab-axle length, and cost several thousand dollars more. You see Sprinters being used more, but for my department they are too light duty for the extra equipment we carry on top of basic ambulance stuff.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:

Don,
Ignorance is a bliss... You want to fire this chief? Link

BTW... I can understand your post full of angst since RAM owns 8% of this market and Ford owns 68% of this market.

Sincerely,
We Own Work....

"Ignorance is a bliss" so true and that statement is proven every time someone buys a Ford. What was that recall "We Own Work" had for their great Ambulance Units. How many stopped dead on the side of the road in route to a hospital with a patient in the back? Yep they "Own" something alright but I'm not sure it's work there Troy> :W:W:W:W:W:W:W

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
thomasmnile wrote:
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
EMS/Ambulance units never run for 15 hours waiting for a call!
Don

Never say never. The local government run ambulance service in our locale operates on a service model called System StatusNot sure why any city or EMS/Ambulance service would run like that but I don't think they are the norm. But with how this Country is heading it might become the norm. Management. The short explanation is the units are always on the road, either handling calls, moving around the county to plug coverage gaps, or idling in 7-11 parking lots ( I see it everyday). No stations, no sleeping crews, they don't work 24 shifts.

As an aside, they are replacing their F-450 based rigs with Ram 4500 based units.
Say it's not so! Yep seeing them a lot around here also. Ford still is on top but not for long.

2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
Guys, I have trucks with way more hours per miles on them than that. BTW, the hour meter on a 2005 F350 will not go past 9999.:W

In the real world of the truck being used as a tool and not just transportation you will rack up a lot of idle time per miles. I have one truck (5.9 Cummins) that has averaged 25 mph during it's life. The problem with the engine in the video is that it doesn't get blown out near enough because of it's location I would say. Running around in the city limits it's whole life.
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
jerem0621 wrote:
Just for kicks, none of them would have been broke down if they were a GASSER!!!!

Makes me wonder though. I mean that was an extraordinarily high amount of hours idling on that engine. Not good for any engine, gas or diesel.
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just for kicks, none of them would have been broke down if they were a GASSER!!!!
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
jody h wrote:
Yea i seen 3 tow trucks taking 3 fords with the 6.0 beening towed to the shop next door just yesterday. That makes 6 fords and one Chevy and no Dodges there this week.
Fix or Repair Daily. Ford

Please don't type while drunk...:W

LOL!
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
jody h wrote:
Yea i seen 3 tow trucks taking 3 fords with the 6.0 beening towed to the shop next door just yesterday. That makes 6 fords and one Chevy and no Dodges there this week.

Please don't type while drunk...:W

Fast_Mopar
Explorer
Explorer
Powerdude wrote:
Saw a new 6.7 crew cab Ford today towing a pair of jet ski's on a trailer with the hazard lights on.

I was behind the tow truck as it pulled it front of it. The driver was on his phone sitting there shaking his head.

Some things just never change. $55k truck, couldn't have been more than 3 years old.

Yeah, I don't know how many miles and how it was maintained, but it looked all clean and sparkly and the guys wife and kids were standing by the side of the road. The jet ski's looked all nice and shiny.

Totally pathetic sight. Some things just don't change.

Found On Roadside Dead = FORD.

I don't know, Powerdude, your detailed observation does not line up with Fish's observation, and he is always right. Maybe you just imagined the shiny crew cab Superduty with the shiny jet skis on the side of the road.
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2009 Chevy Cobalt XFE
2004 Ford Freestar 4.2 liter
2003 Jayco Qwest 12A
ex: 1969 Dodge Super Bee, 1973 Plymouth Road Runner, 1987 Dodge Shelby CSX
preserve the Second Amendment

jody_h
Explorer
Explorer
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Megacab
2004 Flagstaff 8524RK

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Powerdude wrote:
Saw a new 6.7 crew cab Ford today towing a pair of jet ski's on a trailer with the hazard lights on.

I was behind the tow truck as it pulled it front of it. The driver was on his phone sitting there shaking his head.

Some things just never change. $55k truck, couldn't have been more than 3 years old.

Yeah, I don't know how many miles and how it was maintained, but it looked all clean and sparkly and the guys wife and kids were standing by the side of the road. The jet ski's looked all nice and shiny.

In one (1) year I saw 2 RAMs/5ver's and 1 RAM/gooseneck broke down on the side of the road.

Fix it Again Tony = Fiat

Powerdude
Explorer
Explorer

2016 F250 CCSB 4x4 6.2L
2001 Lance 820

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
EMS/Ambulance units never run for 15 hours waiting for a call!
Don

Never say never. The local government run ambulance service in our locale operates on a service model called System Status Management. The short explanation is the units are always on the road, either handling calls, moving around the county to plug coverage gaps, or idling in 7-11 parking lots ( I see it everyday). No stations, no sleeping crews, they don't work 24 shifts.

As an aside, they are replacing their F-450 based rigs with Ram 4500 based units.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
FishOnOne wrote:
EMS/Ambulance units never run for 15 hours waiting for a call! Show me any Fire/EMS company that does this and I'll show you a chief that needs to be fired!

Even at a multiple vehicle crash scene with multiple extrications and or waiting for the Coroner unit to show up your looking at 4 hours tops. All these units have the ability to idle up when sitting for extended periods. At a scene the units at least ALL I have been involved with and seen for that matter stay running until they arrive at the hospital or back at the station.

If the Ford can't handle extended idle time, then Ford should stop supplying units for EMS/Ambulance use IMO.

Don

Don,
Ignorance is a bliss... You want to fire this chief? Link

BTW... I can understand your post full of angst since RAM owns 8% of this market and Ford owns 68% of this market.

Sincerely,
We Own Work....

RAM and International are taking market share from Ford. Ambulances and wreckers.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD