cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford 6.2 F-350 4.3 rear end

v2k
Explorer
Explorer
Would like to buy a 2017 6.2 F350 lariat with the 4.3 rear end. The 4.3 rear end is hard to find though. If a person calls Ford up are they able to track the trucks with the 4.3 rear ends to the dealers and let you know any locations?
19 REPLIES 19

LIKE2BUILD
Explorer
Explorer
lawnspecialties wrote:
Swing by your dealer and have them look. You can tell them all the options you're wanting and they can put that into the computer and it will tell them where those trucks are. Its how I found mine.

Exactly. My neighbor wanted a truck with specific options and the local dealer found one for him in Colorado that matched his wish list. Unfortunately the dealer wanted something like $1800 in 'destination charges' to make a trade to get the truck. Neighbor just said, "okay, I can drive to and from Colorado for about $250 in fuel, so I'll just go out there and buy it from that dealer."

The local dealer then agreed to only charge the fuel cost to get the truck here. It's in their best interest to funnel as many as possible through their own lot because they get kickbacks from Ford is they have a certain volume of sales.

KJ
'14 Ram 2500|Crew Cab Long Bed|4X4|Cummins
Curt Q20 with Ram 5th Wheel Prep
2000 Crownline 205BR
1997 Ranger Comanche 461VS
'01 Polaris Virage TX PWC
'94 Polaris SLT750 PWC
3 Wonderful Sons (21, 15, & 13)
1 forgiving wife!!!

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
v2k wrote:
Would like to buy a 2017 6.2 F350 lariat with the 4.3 rear end. The 4.3 rear end is hard to find though. If a person calls Ford up are they able to track the trucks with the 4.3 rear ends to the dealers and let you know any locations?

Whoa, old thread, but anyways...

4.30 gears are very rare. If that is the only feature you care about, they can probably find you a truck. I was specific about interior color and trim and that excluded all in the gulf region. So we ordered and are patiently waiting.
2016 Skyline Layton Javelin 285BH
2018 F-250 Lariat Crew 6.2 Gas 4x4 FX4 4.30 Gear
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 6 speed daily driver
Retired 2002 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 4x4
Sold 2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST19CK

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
Dealers and/or manufacturers are funny with the way they produce the trucks. With my Ram I ended up with the 3.73 but have much preferred the 4.10s. That's pretty much the same story with everyone shopping for them. It sounds like Ford is the same way. Why do they not make what we want?

FWIW, that Ford with the 6.2 and 4.30 gearing looks like a great setup. If I were in the market for a gasser that would be first choice for sure.

souraider
Explorer
Explorer
In your post you state that you are looking for a 2017 with the 4.3...probably not going to happen. Way too late in the model year. You would have to find one that was special ordered, and not picked up. You may have to order to get that configuration. I would imagine even the clean used are getting snatched up quickly.
'17 F350 STX 6.7
'15 Stealth WA2313
'20 Can Am Maverick Sport 1000R

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Groover wrote:
v2k wrote:
When you ordered your truck from Ford through the dealer did you still get the incentives being offered at the dealership?

When I ordered my truck the dealer assured me that I would not lose any money by ordering and promised me that I would get all of the incentives in effect when I ordered and any new ones that had come out when the truck was delivered. He came through on his promises and I got some that expired while the truck was being built plus 2 new ones that had just come out when the truck was delivered. This gave me about $1,000 more than I would have had if I had purchased a truck off the lot at either time.

Same here but I did not get any additions or deletes since an original price was agreed on.

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
v2k wrote:
When you ordered your truck from Ford through the dealer did you still get the incentives being offered at the dealership?

When I ordered my truck the dealer assured me that I would not lose any money by ordering and promised me that I would get all of the incentives in effect when I ordered and any new ones that had come out when the truck was delivered. He came through on his promises and I got some that expired while the truck was being built plus 2 new ones that had just come out when the truck was delivered. This gave me about $1,000 more than I would have had if I had purchased a truck off the lot at either time.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
My incentives were given to someone else. ??
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Woodwalker2010
Explorer
Explorer
Just got mine about a month ago. Here's the specs: F350 SRW, Crew Cab, Long box, 6.2 gas with 4.30 axle. 5th wheel prep kit, 4X4, XLT Premium package.
Was told by local dealer it was to late in the year to order new from factory like I wanted so they did locate one with the specs I asked for, in Maine, I'm in NC. They did go get the truck for me, so all in all I'm very happy. The trouble was the 4.3 axle, not to many sitting around on dealer lots, mostly 3.73. After pulling our 5er the first time with it this weekend, I am very impressed with the 4.30 axle. Previous truck was F250, same engine but with 3.73 rear end, and the difference is quite noticeable. From where I live (mountains) to where we camped, had to descend a 4 mile stretch of road with 8% grade, I did not have to use truck or camper brakes nearly as much as I did with the previous 3.73.
Main thing is not get in a hurry and settle for a truck, get what you want when you purchase and you will not regret it later.

Safe travels, Scott
Will be upgrading my profile soon with info and pics.

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
v2k wrote:

stufarmer
Explorer
Explorer
From experience. For such a minimal price increase over the F250 I do suggest the F350. The F350 gas truck still comes with the tried and true Diesel Automatic Transmission. It also includes the factory Overload Springs and is available with the (No Charge) up-graded 11400 GVW pkg. Hard to beat Pkg by comparison.

stufarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of experience towing with our 15' F250 4x4. We have an Arctic Fox Silver Fox Travel Trailer, it weighs around 8500# dry. Not sure of it's loaded weight, but it's heavy .. The 6.2 & 4:30's was a great match. We recently traded the 15' for a Diesel Dually for our new Lance 1172 Camper. The 15' was my favorite of all the trucks I've owned.

Greene728
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
What are you hauling ? I would think a 4:10 would be adequate for most applications.

Only the 4:30 or 3:73 with Ford gas engines I believe. The 4:30 would still be superior anyway IMO.
2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHS ( Traded )
2017 Grand Design 303RLS ( Sold )
Currently camperless ( Just taking a break )
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 6.0 and 4:10โ€™s
Me and the wife and our two daughters. Life's good!

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
What are you hauling ? I would think a 4:10 would be adequate for most applications.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
IIRC, when ordering, you can figure the incentives offered, but if they expire, or change, before you take delivery, you will have to accept what is offered at that time.

Jerry