Explorer
49 REPLIES 49

Fishbreath
Explorer II
Explorer II
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
W4RLR wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
You can google all you want, but this was my experience so take it or leave it I really don't care.

Naaaaaa, that's ok. If you couldn't find it I'm sure I can't find it.........and you know what that means!

Now if you want me to find threads about 6.0'ssssssss, (what this thread is all about) that I can do. I heard Google had to add thousands of more servers to their system when the 6.0 came out. :B
Spare us, and spare the dearly departed equine that you and your friend the Dodge fanatic love to beat.

Spin it how you want, I just call it like I see it. I own Chevy trucks, I also own a Dodge car and race Ford cars so I'm no fan boy of one make like you. To call it like it is, the Ford V10 gas is one of the best if not the best tow motor out there. Great engine!

You say dearly departed and that is true.

You want new diesel? I will talk new diesel. And this from Ford owners and techs:

Read post #6 from a Ford tech. Then read post 8. :E Then look at the date.

Another Ricatic failure. This one 25 grand worth!

Another Ricatic failure that Ford won't pay for.

Is it the turbo? the wastegate? or the valves? Could be your driving style? 7th visit we will know.

Pull over safely now son!

Another pull over safely now son.

Another ambulance only problem.

Turbo went boom.

More turbo's go boom.

Engine goes boom, then reman engines go boom.

More turbo problems

40,000 miles, 2 turbo's 1 engine.

The above are very serious problems and there is a pattern. Go talk to some Ford tech's to learn the truth.

I can't wait for the spin doctors. :R

I am SO HAPPY that I bought a GMC gas engine!

(Spoken by a former 6.0 Ford, stuck on side of road too many times, $3,000 repair each time owner)

Thanks Peeps. Great reading!

Bill

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Lets get something straight, yes when I buy new it's a Chrysler. I mean after all I work for Chrysler and they provide me with a good living. But when it comes to used I buy whatever I want. I have bought a Volvo 2001 S-80 still own it, 1999 Buick Century, 1998 Buick Regal LS and a Pontiac 6000LE. The 6000 and Regal were bought, cleaned up and sold for a nice profit.

We just bought a 1998 Avenger ES with 38,000 miles on it. I work with the guy and it was garage keep and never drove in the winter. This has become our youngest daughters car to get her through collage.

Am I a Chrysler fan boy, yes...yes I'm. But if you check you will see I don't dog GM, why they never sold me junk. After four lemons from Ford I won't be back, even if I didn't work for Chrysler. Had I took the job offer with Ford back in 1999 then I would have no choice but to buy Ford's but I didn't and I'm very happy I didn't.

Peace out Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
W4RLR wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
You can google all you want, but this was my experience so take it or leave it I really don't care.

Naaaaaa, that's ok. If you couldn't find it I'm sure I can't find it.........and you know what that means!

Now if you want me to find threads about 6.0'ssssssss, (what this thread is all about) that I can do. I heard Google had to add thousands of more servers to their system when the 6.0 came out. :B
Spare us, and spare the dearly departed equine that you and your friend the Dodge fanatic love to beat.

Spin it how you want, I just call it like I see it. I own Chevy trucks, I also own a Dodge car and race Ford cars so I'm no fan boy of one make like you. To call it like it is, the Ford V10 gas is one of the best if not the best tow motor out there. Great engine!

You say dearly departed and that is true.

You want new diesel? I will talk new diesel. And this from Ford owners and techs:

Read post #6 from a Ford tech. Then read post 8. :E Then look at the date.

Another Ricatic failure. This one 25 grand worth!

Another Ricatic failure that Ford won't pay for.

Is it the turbo? the wastegate? or the valves? Could be your driving style? 7th visit we will know.

Pull over safely now son!

Another pull over safely now son.

Another ambulance only problem.

Turbo went boom.

More turbo's go boom.

Engine goes boom, then reman engines go boom.

More turbo problems

40,000 miles, 2 turbo's 1 engine.

The above are very serious problems and there is a pattern. Go talk to some Ford tech's to learn the truth.

I can't wait for the spin doctors. :R
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wes Tausend wrote:

Noisy lifters after extended non-use, means faulty oil filters that drain back. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Wes

...which is why I haven't used a Fram filter in twenty years!
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

W4RLR
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Richard L. Ray
SSgt USAF (Retired) Life Member DAV
W4RLR 146.52 mhz

2008 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab
1995 Jayco Eagle 277RBSS fifth-wheel

"Never ask a man what kind of computer he drives. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?"
Tom Clancy

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah nothing like changing the subject to the OB. Common practice when your attacked on a non- bias borad :B
Samsung Galaxy sucks :H Apple IPhone rules.
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer

outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Wes_Tausend
Explorer
Explorer

Noisy lifters after extended non-use, means faulty oil filters that drain back. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Wes
Days spent camping are not subtracted from one's total.
- 2019 Leprechaun 311FS Class C
- Linda, Wes and Quincy the Standard Brown Poodle

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
Funny Troy your the only guy saying that. I did a Google search and could not come up with anything about "lifter noise" for 1992 Rams. Heck Edmunds.com gives the 1992 Ram 150,250 and 350 four stars same as the ford trucks. Don't you think if they were the POS you say they were they would have a lower rating the Fords? :h Or maybe Fords are just as bad! :B

Don

Don,
Back then I drove GM trucks so I can't really comment on Fords though I didn't really care for their trucks mainly due to the twin I-Beam suspension and tailgates that were notorious for rusting out and poor fuel economy from a measly 302 engine.

You can google all you want, but this was my experience so take it or leave it I really don't care. I also would like to add when Chrysler added the Holley throttle body injection those engine were some real turds in the power department. Go ahead and Google that my friend! :W
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Troy having worked in an engine plant I can tell you that had a 318/5.2 or any other engine for that mater left with lifter noise the Plant would have been notefid. Also if the assembly plant noticed it they would not ship it! Fact not fiction Troy. The early 5.7 Hemi had a TSB for lifter noise but that's the only one I know of.

Talk about "lame posts".:R

Don

Don,
Having cold started many new 318's and a few 360's and hearing lifter tick was the norm on these new trucks, so I can't say much about your Quality Control program at that factory! Perhaps this was an issue with trucks not broken in?

Hate to bust your bubble! :W

Show tons of links (should be easy if it happened as much as you say it did) or it didn't happen. :B

outside the fire"

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Funny Troy your the only guy saying that. I did a Google search and could not come up with anything about "lifter noise" for 1992 Rams. Heck Edmunds.com gives the 1992 Ram 150,250 and 350 four stars same as the ford trucks. Don't you think if they were the POS you say they were they would have a lower rating the Fords? :h Or maybe Fords are just as bad! :B

Don

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Troy having worked in an engine plant I can tell you that had a 318/5.2 or any other engine for that mater left with lifter noise the Plant would have been notefid. Also if the assembly plant noticed it they would not ship it! Fact not fiction Troy. The early 5.7 Hemi had a TSB for lifter noise but that's the only one I know of.

Don

Don,
Having cold started many new 318's and a few 360's and hearing lifter tick was the norm on these new trucks, so I can't say much about your Quality Control program at that factory! Perhaps this was an issue with trucks not broken in?

Hate to bust your bubble! :W
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer

Don

catfishmontana
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
catfishmontana wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
And yet the sheep still keep drinking the Blue Cool-Aid and are happy about it :h .But then it did take this sheep four times, five if you count the junk 1992 replacement truck before I left Ford. Bha Bha little sheep.

Don

So are you saying the Dodge RAM trucks were better in '92? I remember having to move those Dodge RAM trucks around on the dealer lot back in '88 and it took a couple of minutes for the lifters to stop ticking after a cold start. Those 318's were some real pieces of work I might say!

In addition moving the Chevy's and GMC's didn't have the lifter ticking issue like the Dodges. :h

I don't remember those roller cam/lifters making much noise in those 318's. In fact, most Mopar valve trains were fairly quiet when new. Not only were they rollered during that year, but they also still maintained the shaft mount rocker setup. If my memory serves me correctly, pretty quiet. I still have a half dozen or so LA small blocks and race with them during the summer months. Even the high mileage ones are pretty quiet.

These were brand new trucks Dodge trucks sitting on a grass lot that I would move ~ 1/week in order to mow that lot. Every Dodge truck would litterly tick for a couple of minutes during the cold start. This was during the summer months in Texas.

Also I do recall Chevy had a batch of bad cams in '82 that would go flat a cause poor performance.

Interesting. Must have taken a while for the lifters to pump up.
2016 F350 Platinum Dually, CC
2014 Cyclone 3800 toyhauler
B&W Companion 20K