cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh Water System Sanitizer

snowedin
Explorer
Explorer
Received this RV Inline Sanitizer today, haven’t tried it yet but looks like it should work. Just add 8 oz for every 40 gallons of fresh water when filling the fresh water tank, then turn on faucets until bleach is smelled, let sit for 12 hours, and then later flush system with fresh water. Camping World has it as does Amazon. There is a YouTube video showing it’s use also. Simple and at $28 it’s overpriced but if it works I won’t complain. www.rvinlinesanitizer.com
23 REPLIES 23

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
I didn't open the link!
What is worse is that used as shown does not sanitize the fresh water tank.

It says to fill the tank with this bleach dispenser in the hose. It seems the same as putting the bleach in the tank for free.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Being poor and trusting bleach since 1978, I’ll stay with the tried and true. As my old buddy P.T. Barnum used to say...
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I didn't open the link!
What is worse is that used as shown does not sanitize the fresh water tank.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
$33 on Amazon with free shipping, WOW, what a deal! :R

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow , what a rip off , 25 cents worth of bleach will do the same thing !

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
All the RV Sanitizer does is pour bleach into the hose?
Send it back and get a refund.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Or you could just dump the bleach into the tank, or into a hose if you can't find the gravity fill on your tank.

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
enblethen wrote:
You can use household laundry bleach. Same amount, let it set, then flush out. Can use baking soda to kill taste and odor.

That unit for $28 is just a container to hold your own household bleach.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
You can use household laundry bleach. Same amount, let it set, then flush out. Can use baking soda to kill taste and odor.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker