cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Frig will not light

nccamping
Explorer
Explorer
I cannot get my frig to work on propane, it runs fine on electricity.
I have tried numerous times over the last week to get it lit with no luck.

Here is what I have done so far.
- Checked and made sure the propane was turn on at the tank.(Always start simple)
- Started the stove, to make sure the propane was getting through the line. (It is)
- Checked to make sure I was getting spark.
- Sprayed compressed are in the burner to try and get out any junk from the burner.

If you have any other ideas please let me know.

Thank you,
Jay
8 REPLIES 8

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
Compressed air did not do it for me, but a pipe cleaner did. I now keep one in the little compartment wrapped around a pipe.
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

lasttruck
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear.
07 F150
10 Chalet XL1935
15 Fleetwood Brittany Park
Evergreen Coho SKP Park Website
Evergreen Coho SKP Park on Facebook

nccamping
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone the frig is now working. Cleaned the burn and jet (Lasttruck thanks for the rubbing alcohol tip). Frig lit on the first try.

Jay

lasttruck
Explorer
Explorer
If the propane does not light at all, you have a supply problem in the back of the fridge.

If your fridge lights up automatically, it will bypass the thermocouple temporarily to allow the flame to get started. Once the thermocouple is hot, it keeps the system going. If there is a problem with the thermocouple, it will not allow the propane solenoid to open, allowing the flow of propane.

A manual light fridge will have a button to push in to bypass the thermocouple until the flame heats the thermocouple up.

Do take off the jet and the burner. Make sure that the burner is clean and soak the jet in rubbing alcohol to break down the oils found in propane. Do not stick anything in the jet as it can be damaged easily.

If the flame does light, but is weak, you may have a bad regulator at the propane tanks. A manometer can check on the proper pressure.
07 F150
10 Chalet XL1935
15 Fleetwood Brittany Park
Evergreen Coho SKP Park Website
Evergreen Coho SKP Park on Facebook

BudRock
Explorer
Explorer
Twice I have had to have the propane lies cleaned out on our camper because mud daubers plugged up the lines.

Mud Daubers seem particularly fond of the smell of propane. "If" they can get into it they'll build their nests on the furnace or the refrigerator LP orifice. One of the easiest places they like to build nests is on the propane orifice of the hot water heater. If you experience problems with any of your propane appliances check for mud nests. The same holds true with spiders. They also like the odor of propane. Or let's say the odor put into propane so we humans can smell it.

I also saw this on another site "It sounds as though your regulator diaphragm is clogged up and therefore not able to vent properly. This is commonly caused by the regulator vent being blocked by a wasp or mud dauber nest. The vent should be located near the bottom or side of the regulator near the LP tank(s). It typically has some mesh or a screen over it to keep debris and bugs out. However, oftentimes wasps and mud daubers, whom are attracted to LP odor, will build nests on them"

Hope this might help.

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
2 years ago I had to take off the gas tubing from the gas valve to the burner and clean it out. At the end of the tubing by the burner you have the orifice which has a small hole in it to spray the gas into the burner. This is the piece that is most likely blocked with some carbon flakes or junk. Clean these out and you will most likely have cold beer once again.

Brian

nccamping
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the battery is charged and working.

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Is battery fully charged? Most of the fridge control boards depend on the battery to function properly.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."