cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Full wall slides

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
I read on TCM that fridges on full wall slides are noiser because of an extra fan?
Looking for feedback from owners who have this option.
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS
17 REPLIES 17

av8rds
Explorer
Explorer
funny I bought the plug in fan-tastic fan endless breeze to have some fan noise to help sleep!
'06 X-cab Powerstroke Dually 4x4
'75 Ford Bronco Rockcrawler
'08 Land Cruiser Buggy

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
It was also in the review of the new Lance 1052.

"While a full-wall slide would have increased the floor space and wow factor of the 1052โ€™s interior, it also would have increased the weight of the camper, and put the refrigerator on the slide.  Weight questions aside, putting a refrigerator on a slide-out requires side cooling and the employment of an additional fan in the refrigerator.  

Noisy refrigerator fans are a point of contention for many slide-out truck camper owners.  Most never considered refrigerator fan noise until the first night they went to sleep in their campers.  For this reason, we believe Lance made the right choice, even if if would have been neat to see a full-wall slide.  Weโ€™ll take a good nights sleep over a little more floor space any day.It was in the review of the new Lance 1052"
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

sky_free
Explorer
Explorer
The TCM review of our AF 990 said this regarding the Norcold fridge:

"The only concern about having a refrigerator on a slide this close to the overcab bedroom is the potential for noise from the refrigeratorโ€™s ventilation stack. We did not have the opportunity to use the 990โ€™s refrigerator so this may not be an issue."

It is a full-wall slide, but they were talking about proximity to the bed rather than the fact that it's in a slide. It's definitely not an issue for us though. I didn't even realize it had a fan until this weekend. It only runs when it's above about 80F outside, and we don't do much camping where it's warm. The fan noise is very low, and wouldn't bother me even if it did run at night. If it was warm enough at night to require the fridge fan, you would probably need some sort of roof fan or A/C running, which is going to be a lot louder.
2017 Escape 17B, 2012 VW Touareg