cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Garnet tank monitors

Mark_K
Explorer
Explorer
Any opinions on Garnet tank monitors. They install on the outside of the tank. I have looked at there web site and it seems like it may be a good system to install to eliminate the inaccurate factory system that was installed on my trailer. Has anyone installed this system themselves? thanks
16 REPLIES 16

Westcoasting
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo wrote:
Westcoasting wrote:
What do you do if you run out of water?

I don't allow my rig to run out of water.

If I am going on a long trip, I will usually take two 5 gallon jugs and fill them with water an tote them in my cargo trailer.
I've only used water from one of the jugs, and that has only happened twice, but there was still water in the tank.

So back to the tank monitor...it's more of a gadget than a necessity. Just wait a couple days and dump in the 5 gallons of water you have and no worries about the tank level.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Westcoasting wrote:
What do you do if you run out of water?

I don't allow my rig to run out of water.

If I am going on a long trip, I will usually take two 5 gallon jugs and fill them with water an tote them in my cargo trailer.
I've only used water from one of the jugs, and that has only happened twice, but there was still water in the tank.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Mark_K
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies, I have had several trailers new and used over the past 40 years. I am quite used to having gauges that don't work. From the replies here I guess these actually work. Its about time! I will price them out and then decide if they are "worth it"

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
X
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Westcoasting
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo wrote:
I've had my See Level monitors since 2011. Love them. I dry camp almost exclusively, so knowing my fresh water levelso knowing my fresh water level beyond the idiot lights of E, 1/3, 2/3, F is important.

I've never come close to filling the black tank, so that isn't a huge concern for having more detailed tank level info.

Yeah i dry camp all the time as well. I am always at a lake with good water supply so i can fill my tank if i have to. What do you do if you run out of water?

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I've had my See Level monitors since 2011. Love them. I dry camp almost exclusively, so knowing my fresh water level beyond the idiot lights of E, 1/3, 2/3, F is important.

I've never come close to filling the black tank, so that isn't a huge concern for having more detailed tank level info.

Westcoasting
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
bob2194 wrote:
how much do these gauges cost and are they hard to instal. TIA

deltabravo wrote:
Look up the price at their website.

Whether these tank gauges are "worth it" depends on whether you care or not how much is in the tanks. Many of us don't and ignore our tank monitors anyway, in which case these gauges wouldn't be worth the cost, effort, or time to install.

I agree, i never look at my tank gauge i look down the hole!

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
bob2194 wrote:

deltabravo wrote:

Whether these tank gauges are "worth it" depends on whether you care or not how much is in the tanks. Many of us don't and ignore our tank monitors anyway, in which case these gauges wouldn't be worth the cost, effort, or time to install.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
I've had the See Level on our rig for about 6 years. For us, well worth it since we go a great deal of long duration dry camping. They are easy to install. Are they worth it? Depends on your camping situation.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I love my See Level Tank Monitors.

Best mod I ever did to my truck camper.

Tanks are easy to access, so installation was a breeze.See Level II Tank monitor

Another short video of the system

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
bob2194 wrote:

bob2194
Explorer
Explorer
20 year U.S Army veteran and still serving. Vehicle inspector (ARMY)
2018 Radiance 28QB pulled by 2018 F250 STX 6.2 Gasser
Equal-i-zer Hitch

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
I put fabric softener in both tanks, use the black tank rinser and havenโ€™t had any problems with mine, either. I dump when the light starts flashing. Has worked fine so far.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
From what I've read about them they work well. I considered them when the my trailer was new, but figured I'd see how things worked out before I spent the money. So far I've never really had issues with my factory gauges. But I'm a weekend camper so unless I'm really being wasteful I've never filled up a tank.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup