cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grey Tank Link

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III

I have a 2019 Grey Wolf 26DBH. When the grey tank gets to 100% per the sensors it starts dripping undeneath. The water is not coming up thru the bathtub so in theory there is some more compacity. After my last trip, last weekend, I filled black to 100% and grey to 2/3 per the sensors. No dripping. Any thoughts are where to start looking for the issue. I am thinking it is a fitting that is loose.

Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf
2 REPLIES 2

Krusty
Nomad
Nomad

I had the same issue with my black tank. Found the vent stack was not glued into the fitting properly because the top of the tank was warped (concave). Was able to fix it after removing the tank.

Krusty
92 F-250 4x4 460 5spd 4.10LS Prodigy
97 Rustler RT190
EU2000i
Garmin

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II

Sounds like the fitting that the vent pipe sits in is leaking. That fitting is at the top of the tank and is flush/nearly flush with the top of the tank. One solution would be to find access to that connection point and reglue it. One sort of easy way to check this is by going on the roof and checking the vent pipe from above. If it is loose up and down it just may be your problem.

However, a tank with a crack in it is also a possibility. Do you travel with full tanks? If you do not, might be worth just not letting the gray get to full. We typically leave the gray open with a droop in the sewer hose to create a trap. Makes nice long showers a no stress deal. We just close it when the black is at 2/3 and use it to flush the hose after a black tank dump.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member