cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gulfstream Vista Cruiser

Roger_in_VERMON
Explorer
Explorer
We have been looking for a lite weight towing trailer for our sons. We like the Gulfstream Vista Cruiser. Any comments good or bad.
๐Ÿ™‚ 2001 41' Holiday Rambler Imperial
2004 Jeep Wrangler
Weekenders and Loving it!
6 REPLIES 6

Roger_in_VERMON
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks I'll keep watching for other posts.
2004 Jeep Wrangler

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
Roger in VERMONT wrote:
We have been looking for a lite weight towing trailer for our sons. We like the Gulfstream Vista Cruiser. Any comments good or bad.

I have a Gulfstream Innsbruck from 2004. It works perfectly and has no problems. From what I have seen the build quality is better than many TT's and similar to Jayco. It has an actual truss roof. It hauls great. I cant say about the Vista Cruiser.

As for the company's web site it works fine for my browser. I have also had the opportunity to call the factory directly over a question and they were very helpful.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
Roger in VERMONT wrote:
Only two people. Not to worried about room I'm more worried about quality. I like the fact it is all fiberglass roof and sidewalls. Looks like they all have a pretty good amount of carrying capacity.
Aluminum structure also sounds good.

Really, that's what I run from. I consider that build, Disposable. It never ceases to amaze me how many laminated trailers, delaminate.

For build quality, I'd stay with "stick and tin". Fiberglass (Filon) skinned' glued together (laminated) walls sure look pretty until the glue fails and they come apart and are all wavy.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
BubbaChris wrote:

I do see that many of the models do not have slides, which helps with weight and costs. However if it is for more than 1 person, not being able to walk by each other in the kitchen gets old real fast.

Don't agree, many none slide models are roomy as our 26BH. I usually recommend against slides due to leaking and mechanical issues and the standard small love seat instead of a longer sofa.

With a good floorplan, you'll have generous walking area.

My brother's floorplan is exceptional and better than many superslide floorplans without all the extra weight of the superslide.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

Roger_in_VERMON
Explorer
Explorer
Only two people. Not to worried about room I'm more worried about quality. I like the fact it is all fiberglass roof and sidewalls. Looks like they all have a pretty good amount of carrying capacity.
Aluminum structure also sounds good.
2004 Jeep Wrangler

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
The company website has technical issues and typos, so that always gives me pause.

You don't say anything about how many people will be using it or which model(s) you are considering. That information will help.

I do see that many of the models do not have slides, which helps with weight and costs. However if it is for more than 1 person, not being able to walk by each other in the kitchen gets old real fast.
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package