cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Headroom

Haggis_6_2
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to decide between a AF990 and an EC960. Really love the headroom in the AF990. Really love the layout of the EC960. I'm 6'-3" so the ceiling is a little close in the EC - but I appreciate everything comes at a price and we're already high in a 2018 DRW F350.

So the question to you good folks that have been traveling with TC's for years - does the low ceiling bother you and what are the overall height issues you've run into on the road.

Thank you for any thoughts on these issues and the quality of these two campers!
4 REPLIES 4

Yeti_plus
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have either, but I would suggest standing in the shower to check the height. Looking at pictures it looks as if you lose a few inches in height when entering the bathroom area on both.
I have no problems in the main floor area of the Bigfoot, but the floor is higher in the bath area and i crouch just a little so my head doesn't hit the ceiling. I am 5'10".
Just my thought, and worth checking out.
Brian
2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213 SOLD
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at both campers and bought the AF990 because of the great reputation of the AF990โ€™s and have not been disappointed.

MORSNOW
Navigator II
Navigator II
I'm 6'3", there is no way I'd want to be ducking all the time. Vent cranks, A/C frame/controls, and light fixtures will leave a nice gash when you least expect it! I passed on a Northern Lite for that reason...ridiculously low ceiling height.
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

cheftim
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Haggis,

No idea about the EC960, but, we just bought an AF990. Head room is huge due to the curved ceiling. I'm 6'2" and there was another guy 6'4" in the camper when we were checking them out and I was amazed at how roomy it felt. There were new Lances near by and I was immediately sold on the AF.
Since you're in Vermont, check them out at at Truck Camper Warehouse. Bill is awesome to deal with.
2017 F-350 LWB
2018 Arctic Fox 990
2017 Sailfish 290 w/Twin 300 Verados