cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with retracting slide out

Nursedebbie1
Explorer
Explorer
HELP PLEASE!! Help! I have a 2004 nomad skyline 39 ft travel trailer with hydraulic slide outs. One for bedroom and one for kitchen and living room areas. I NEED to get the slide outs retracted for the trailer to be moved by Saturday, July 29, 2016.

When the button is pushed inside trailer to retract....the bedroom comes in, but the larger slide out begins to make a sound and then ceases movement.... It will not retract. Currently have charged battery in case 12 volt charge is low....

Questions to all of you...how to trouble shoot...does anyone have or can take a photo of where or how to manually retract the 2nd slide ? Does any one have any ideas or assistance they can lend ?

Any photos would be appreciated as I am a see and do person....owners manual simply says refer to guide for manual retraction. But there was no manual !

Thanks in advance...I hope there is somebody to help with this problem !!

Debbie
6 REPLIES 6

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
i recently had the same problem on my 05 georgie boy, turned out pin was sheared on shaft from motor to gear.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

😛

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Recently I had a problem putting out a slide, started with connect the cord to the tow vehicle, started up truck, ran for about 5 minutes, tried slide again, no move. Turned off truck, disconnected umbilical cord.

Next I started looking for the fuses, 30 amp slide fuse was bad, replaced and the slide went out. Great. Problem solved.

Previous unit, slide didn't come in, turned out to be a solenoid switch. Mobile rv service on that one.

I, too, have a manual place to crank the slide with, but that is the last thing I wanted to do.

Edited by Barb

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Can you retract one slide at a time? There's a lot of electrical draw happening there. I would connect a charger, a second battery, or use jumper cables to the truck's battery and see what happens.

A manual assist on the slide by a helper may recover from any misalignment of the slide mechanism,i.e. push in on a corner while retracting.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Moved from Forum Technical Support

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have you checked the fluid level? Who is the manufacturer? Have you checked their documentation?

Since one slide is OK I'd guess the pump is OK. So that leaves the valves or the electrical valve activation.

Have you considered a mobile tech?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
Our rig has a manual way of moving the slide and it is located on the opposite side of the rig from the slide.