cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLIDAY RAMBLER CAMPER'S ANY GOOD??

lincolnmatthews
Explorer
Explorer
There's one for sale locally, its an 11ft'er or so very nice interior. Its has a very nice layout I thought, U shaped dinette on right, nice bathroom on left (wet bath of course)lots of head room over cab. Just wondering, (we already own a nice Lance 880) I just see a classic here that needs to be saved! It needs a new roof, & floor repairs. It would have to be cheap,(he's asking $1150.00, which I think is twice what its worth IMHO). The exterior seems very nice. It would have to sell quick as its raining like heck here now & it will ruin this one quick.
My wife thinks I'm nuts of course! So I will probably let it go.

If anyone's interested send me a PM & I will the phone # for you
5 REPLIES 5

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
kerry4951 wrote:
HR made very good stuff years ago. Not too sure about nowadays. I owned two of their MHs, one good and one was a problem child.

Anything bearing the HR today is simply just that, a sticker on another manufacturers, usually less than stellar quality, product. The HR name has been bought and sold a few times since the original company went belly up.

There's a vintage 30' HR TT out where I live right now that needs a new home and restoration. I pulled it out of the new site that I now have my 5er in.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
HR made very good stuff years ago. Not too sure about nowadays. I owned two of their MHs, one good and one was a problem child.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Back in the 1960s, HR made some very nice, but very heavy truck campers. If everything's clean and in good shape and works, and you can get it to fit on your truck, it might be worth it.

The one truck camper in the Elkhart RV Museum is an old Holiday Rambler.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
I know HR made TT's but did not know they made TC's.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
IMHO wife's are also usually correct.

which is why they married us.
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S