cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOST Yukon Dump Valve Location

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was at at dealer looking at the HOST Yukon and noticed that the black water dump was located above the rear drivers wing at floor level, you are practially eye to eye with it.

I’m imagining that having the dump that high in the air might provide a host of problems (sorry I had to work that pun in).

Anyone dumping the HOST from 5 feet in the air?
2021 FORD F350 dually 4x4 with 4.30 gears, 013 Eagle Cap 950, 480 Watts Solar, 3K Victron Multiplus II, Victron smart DC-DC charger, Victron 100/30 solar controller, 250 amps of lithium batteries by LifeBlue
27 REPLIES 27

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III
mike/kellie wrote:
Nice quote...I saw her comments today. I can understand why Host wants a level tank to dump. The fluids would help move the solids and not be like a table cloth trick with the dishes still in their place.
Maybe more attention to having some clean water in the tank before using? I have used a wand before with success, and also use a 10" clear extension while dumping sometimes paired with a Flush King attachment.
In these times, if you don't want your Host for any reason, there are buyers in line.

It’s just too bad that HOST didn’t nail one of the most important functions of a RV. When I mentioned my perceived design flaw to them on the phone, the response was “you like the slide out basement storage?”, meaning if the black tank was in the basement you would have not slide out storage tray.
2021 FORD F350 dually 4x4 with 4.30 gears, 013 Eagle Cap 950, 480 Watts Solar, 3K Victron Multiplus II, Victron smart DC-DC charger, Victron 100/30 solar controller, 250 amps of lithium batteries by LifeBlue

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice quote...I saw her comments today. I can understand why Host wants a level tank to dump. The fluids would help move the solids and not be like a table cloth trick with the dishes still in their place.
Maybe more attention to having some clean water in the tank before using? I have used a wand before with success, and also use a 10" clear extension while dumping sometimes paired with a Flush King attachment.
In these times, if you don't want your Host for any reason, there are buyers in line.
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am seeing some You Tubes were the dumping of the black water tank on thier HOST is the bane of their existence.

Right now with my Eagle Cap 950 with a traditional black/grey water dump location I can dump both tanks in less than 15 minutes. Just don’t see that happening with the HOST set up. I think it is going to be a deal breaker for me.

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
I have had 11 different RV's over the years. 2 Host TC. At first I didn't like it that high. But after using it a few years it's not a problem at all. Having it higher does help in some instances. As far as rinsing, it's the same, just connect to the gray valve and let it go. Host TC are not for everybody, they are big ,heavy, and expensive, but they really are nice and we love our second one. Good thing there are a lot of choices out there. Got to love America.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

MrPhelps
Explorer
Explorer
Yep! You Nailed it !

gbsteph wrote:
I have a Host Cascade, and with the camper on the truck, the dump valve is at eye level. It's a S***y place for it, but since the tank is mounted in the slide under the dinette, there aren't any options. If the Yukon is like my Cascade, it has a very wide flat tank and doesn't drain very fast or very thoroughly. Takes a good 15 minutes flushing the tank to get somewhat clear water.
- 2018 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW
- 2018 Host Cascade Dual Slide

gbsteph
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Host Cascade, and with the camper on the truck, the dump valve is at eye level. It's a S***y place for it, but since the tank is mounted in the slide under the dinette, there aren't any options. If the Yukon is like my Cascade, it has a very wide flat tank and doesn't drain very fast or very thoroughly. Takes a good 15 minutes flushing the tank to get somewhat clear water.

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III
You know **** happens…..and if it does, better to happpen 2 feet off the ground than 5 feet.

It’s a very quirky place for a dump valve if you ask me and the grey tank dump is in another location so you cannot rise you hose after a black water dump with your grey water…..

daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
LOL

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
If you have people around who might be tempted to stick their mouths over the pipe and open the valve... Maybe reconsider getting a camper at all?

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a 10" clear extension that twists on at the valve body and my hose clears the side and just drops straight down. I'm 6'3" and it's normal for me.
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

Bedlam
As long as you have the bayonet mount on correctly and slowly ease out the dump valve, there are no problems. I am 6'+ tall so shorter people may need to use a stool if they cannot see what they are connecting.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I’ve had a few times that I wanted a valve higher. Just curious, what problems are you thinking being high causes?

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
What's the difference between say 3' up on an avg camper and 5'? (I know, 2', lol) It's not like your trying to lay sewer pipe at a 2% slope.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold