cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much can I expect to save on a new last years model?

Blanco1
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking of holding out on buying my New TT & pretty much set on a 2018 Pioneer RL 250.

My Local Camping World is asking 19,999 & I've so far got them to drop the price $1,000.00 being I found one across the country for $2,000.00 less & told them I don't mind traveling across the country to save $2,000.00 being that would pay for my cross country camping trip.

So they met me 1/2 way & dropped it by $1,000.00.

What if I wait till next Sept or when ever the new 2019 models come out?

Typically how much do they drop the price?

Like I said, I don't mind a road trip to save even more money & enjoy camping?

I'm looking to fill my camping across America map anyways & I'd get to fill a lot of it that way.

Anyone know of the best way to find a best deal at Camping worlds across the country?
1997 Dodge 4x4, 5 spd manual trans & HotRod 5.9 cummins.
With '85 Lance.
43 REPLIES 43

jimlj
Explorer
Explorer
The first few new cars I purchased the dealer added several extra fees to the sale price, to the tune of several hundreds of dollars. It was something I thought you had to pay. Then I learned if you get up and head for the door, most if not all of the "required" fees get dropped. I bought a Bronco in the early 80's and actually got up and went home when they tried to add the "required" fees. About an hour later the salesman drove the Bronco to my house and told me he had convinced the manager to drop the fees. When we got to the dealership they still tried to charge me $50 for doc fees. I got up and headed for the door again. Suddenly the doc fee went away also. I've never bought a new TT, but I'd be prepared to walk as soon as the first penny above the agreed upon price was added.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
“I think this is a little unfair. The Camping World in my area has been great...”

Bunches of posters are unfair to CW.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
“your a senior member ,so you read all the stories on here I assume...”

Not wise to assume, midnight.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or a horse? Or a house?

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
“When you shop, compare final out the door cost, not their partial price profile.”

How is this different than buying a car/truck, wandering? For the last 100 years?

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Would they actually charge shipping, If I'm buying it off the lot?

Shipping or delivery is their cost getting it TO their lot.

As said before (see above). Yes.
Freight or shipping charge is what the dealer upcharges the customer to get the unit from the factory to their lot.

If the unit is built in Indiana, it's going to cost al lot more frieght to get it to California than if it were built in LaGrande, Pendelton, or Dallas, OR
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

sneakygroundbuz
Explorer
Explorer
i will shop at CW for anything other than a trailer/camper.

not because they are bad or because of what i have heard

but i would rather do business with the little family owned rv dealership across the road.

like every other business,corporations are killing the little guy and putting them out of business.

i try to make all my large purchases from smaller family owned business's instead of big corporate owned ones.

smaller family owned car dealerships for my vehicles,not ones owned by a group of super rich folks that own many many dealerships.

my electronics/appliances from smaller family owned and run stores and not the big box stores.

ive found over my lifetime that the family owned smaller stores are a little more willing to negotiate to get your business than the big corporate stores are.

just how i like to do my business

Blanco1
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
I'm not a big fan of CW but before the naysayers treat CW like it is a single store operation. Consider there are 120 CW location.
Guess how many more complaints you'll hear about vs. others simply because there are more CW's than any other RV dealer by a long shot.
When it comes to price consider how much buying power CW musters.
CW dealership are no better or worse than any other retail chain or RV dealership. A chain that large will have a few good dealers and a few bad dealers. The rest will be mediocre/average.
You will see the same pattern in non CW dealers as well.

That's actually a very good point & I suppose it also depends on management, if they care Bout treating customers the best they can for repeat sales & referral to other people.
With '85 Lance.

trailer_newbe
Explorer
Explorer
jerseyjim wrote:
I suggest you NOT buy the RV at Camping World. Their prices may be competitive, but their after sale service reputation is dismal.

Buy your supplies at CW, but buy your camper at a RV dealer.

My experience and opinion.

I think this is a little unfair. The Camping World in my area has been great all the way around. From purchase, inspection, setup, warranty and supplies it’s been great. This may be the case because they literally share the same fence with La Mesa RV who is a competitor.
2018 Jayco White Hawk 28RL

Waunacamper
Explorer
Explorer
I have had 2 experiences with CW. One was 4 years ago when the electric tongue jack was dying on our previous camper. It was warranty repair, when part came in they called, arranged a time and they replaced while I waited. Our current camper was purchased from CW in Idaho Falls. I called, made them an "out the door" offer, they accepted and we drove out to get it. They were great to deal with. Had to listen to sales pitch for Good Sam stuff but most dealers will be pushing extended warranties or something. Now, I'm not saying I am a CW fan but my 2 experiences have been good. I think there are some that are better than others. On our recent travels to Florida and back we stopped at a few different CW for supplies and they were all very busy. They are buying out dealers everywhere.
2017 ORV Timber Ridge 27BHS
2015 Ram 2500 (6.4/4.10)

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I'm not a big fan of CW but before the naysayers treat CW like it is a single store operation. Consider there are 120 CW location.
Guess how many more complaints you'll hear about vs. others simply because there are more CW's than any other RV dealer by a long shot.
When it comes to price consider how much buying power CW musters.
CW dealership are no better or worse than any other retail chain or RV dealership. A chain that large will have a few good dealers and a few bad dealers. The rest will be mediocre/average.
You will see the same pattern in non CW dealers as well.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Blanco1
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
car dealers locally like to add on a $300 documentation fee. I am willing to give them $100 doc fee so after we agree on the selling price, I have them take $200 off the base since they have to show the $300 on that line for upper management's requirements. figure out what you want to pay for that unit without the added BS, PDI, etc.
bumpy

Well they start with 19,999 & then I told them about finding it for 2 grand less & showed guy the listing from a different CW, so he talked to his manager & he dropped to 18,999.

So I suppose I’d be ok at the $1,000.00 drop.
Considering I was already happy at 19.999.

But that’s because I’m still a trailer shopping newbie.
I don’t know of too many others that have most of what we want in that size & price?
With '85 Lance.

Blanco1
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
When I bought the TT in my sig last summer, the only thing the dealer added to the price was sales tax and the registration/plate fee.

From where?

I’m waiting for my dealer to get back to me on the out the door price on top the asking price for the trailer.
With '85 Lance.

Blanco1
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
Blanco1 wrote:
midnightsadie wrote:
your a senior member ,so you read all the stories on here I assume. and you,d still buy from CW??

Well no, I have never considered buying new before this, so I’ve never read RV dealer reviews?

Not even sure where I’d look that up.

People complain about CW all the time on here. Not just in the Camping World subforums either. Surprised you haven't noticed.

Nope never noticed, I’ll look around, to learn about that before I commit, but being at this point the wife & I really like the Pioneer RL 250, if that’s what we want, we’re stuck with CW.
With '85 Lance.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
car dealers locally like to add on a $300 documentation fee. I am willing to give them $100 doc fee so after we agree on the selling price, I have them take $200 off the base since they have to show the $300 on that line for upper management's requirements. figure out what you want to pay for that unit without the added BS, PDI, etc.
bumpy