cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Important info for 2013-14 Ram owners

This recall is for the welds that secure the track bar to the frame.

Recall #15V541000 info

There is some good info and pictures over at the Cummins forum Link
22 REPLIES 22

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

Anyways I'm sure many newer Ram owners are driving around with the pucker factor. :E

Pretty sick when people like you and up2nogood hope the other guys have trouble with their trucks. Chris

It is sad.. I don't wish ANYONE to have issues with their vehicles, no matter what brand they own.....these trucks aren't cheap, and last thing you want is issue after issue with newer ones.
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
FishOnOne wrote:

Anyways I'm sure many newer Ram owners are driving around with the pucker factor. :E

Pretty sick when people like you and up2nogood hope the other guys have trouble with their trucks. More truck threads have gone south because of your post than anyone else here. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Me Again wrote:
up2nogood wrote:
Seems our Ram Fanboys are a bit reluctant to comment on all the recall issues these trucks are having. I see two threads going on the two big fanboys on this forum , Its too bad they don't point out these issues instead of dishing out the Koolaid.

They seem to want to make a national event on purchasing a new Ram, hopefully they won't have to go to the dealership every few months to get a recall done.

Or RAM could be like GM who hid the ignition key issue for years? How many people lost their lives? How many Ford's jumped out of park and backed over people? I personally know about one person that was killed by a Ford truck that slipped out of park.

Chris

Wasn't that Ford jumping into gear a early 80's issue... And can't say I know of anyone injured in any way.

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
up2nogood wrote:
Seems our Ram Fanboys are a bit reluctant to comment on all the recall issues these trucks are having. I see two threads going on the two big fanboys on this forum , Its too bad they don't point out these issues instead of dishing out the Koolaid.

They seem to want to make a national event on purchasing a new Ram, hopefully they won't have to go to the dealership every few months to get a recall done.

Wow, can't blame you for being upset...I have a 13' and am up to date at this time with recalls..don't consider myself a 'Fanboy", but whatever makes you feel good when you post..34,000 miles on mine and had to replace the windshield washer motor pump...that's it, no other issues.. I had an over heat issue with my 05' 3500 Chevy D/A, but was too big of a Chevy man to admit it except to dealership, BUT still purchased an 07.5' Chevy 3500.... they can all have issues of of one kind or another...I don't like it anymore than anyone else does, but as a buddy of mine states, "such is life as we know it".

Reckon VW knew what they were doing....that was a rhetorical question...
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
I would be very surprised if FCA didn't know about these failures back in the '12 models.

Well of course they knew about it.. the #3 ranked selling truck maker?, they're trying to get away with it..heck, it's a Ram, would you expect anything less from them?..
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
up2nogood wrote:

Or RAM could be like GM who hid the ignition key issue for years? How many people lost their lives? How many Ford's jumped out of park and backed over people? I personally know about one person that was killed by a Ford truck that slipped out of park.

Chris

And this somehow makes MY six recalls okay. :h I don't own a Ford or GM I own a 2014 RAM 3500 . I guess the above according to you is supposed to make me feel better :R

They haven't come out with a fix for the track bar debacle yet , that won't be until Oct 9 . The fix will have to be a brace or reweld. Now tell me do you want some computer tech or parts changer at a dealership welding on YOUR new truck frame. Lets hope they have the good sense to farm these out to a certified weld shop that does this type of welding.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
up2nogood wrote:

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Bedlam
My 2015 Ram 5500 has gone for 11 months without recalls although they did do a software update to the Aisin while it was serviced. We'll see what happens in the following years, but right now I have a model and options selected that have not fallen under recall.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/threads/253148-Recall-R46-Question

Chris

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the six recalls to date on my 2014 Ram, and some of these also effect the 2013. FYI for those who have not received them

R36
R23
R40
R46
P15
P26

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
jus2shy wrote:
You guys should create an account Mopar Owner Connect to get any recall notices before they arrive by paper (But dealerships typically want to see the paper before they perform work for some reason, atleast around here).

I did an account, and there are two I have never received . The new one on the track bar ( R46 ) I believe it has not been sent out yet, at least I haven't got it yet, although it does show up on my account. The second one that I have not received is the steering wheel harness ( R36 ) and its also on my account.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Having a 2014 Ram it just keeps getting better, SIX RECALLS in 18 months of ownership, and we are probably not done yet. Sure questioning my decision on a Ram, hope you boys that just got the 15 and 16's will have a better track record then the 13-15 . Time will tell .

This latest one on the track bar is no minor thing ,along with the airbags

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
My dealer did a recall on my Jeep before I got the notice. It was in for other service and they did it then. I guess dealer know about these before they send out notices to owners as it should be.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS