cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing black tank and have 2 questions

mobilefleet
Explorer
Explorer
got a used class c with no black tank. However a toilet has been installed and is stubbed underneath the rv already. But it's about a 45 degree black pipe coming out from toilet to the side of it. I've heard you should have a black tank directly below the toilet opening but there isn't really enough room to do that in this unit. Is it a bad idea to go ahead and put the tank just a little to the side of the opening? second, not sure how to vent it correctly. Do I have to run a long pipe through the roof or can I just use a short stubby pipe and vent it underneath the rv?
6 REPLIES 6

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
My black tank is offset and it works fine, looks like about a 45 degree angle. It is vented on the roof.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
It's okay to have the 45 degree bend. The tank should be vented through the roof. I would think that the hole for the vent pipe (1 1/2 inch black ABS) would already be cut.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
My friend has a brand new Arctic Cat that has a 90 between the toilet and the tank. It works "OK" but stuff tends to sit there..
(I have no idea why they did this. I have the exact same floor plan and mine is a straight shot. But I digress.)

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
Macerator toilet is best with offset black tank.....

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also install a black tank flush kit especially if your black tank is offset...

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's fine to have it offset, you just need to maintain proper pitch on waste pipe.....vent for black tank should go through the roof.....