cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just installed an Ultrabreeze Fantastic Fan vent cover

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
This has got to be the simplest upgrade/install I have ever done.

It took more time getting the tools up onto the roof than installing the vent.

Tools:
Sharpie
tape measure
Dicor
cordless drill with a phillips bit and a 1/8 drill bit

Laid the vent cover over the full open vent and marked the holes
placed the mounting hardware over the marks and used the tape to measure each side even then marked the screw holes.

Drilled then filled the holes with dicor placed the washers and mounts in line then drove the screws home, covered with more dicor. place vent on mount and inserted keeper cotter pins. The whole process was less than 10 minutes

now we can leave the vent open for the dogs as we head on down the highway or use the fantastic fan in the rain

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags
6 REPLIES 6

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
dakonthemountain wrote:
Buzzcut, I'm confused.. You had to drill holes in your roof??! I installed one of these on my Weekender and already purchased another one for the 1055.. but I didn't and don't have to do any drilling.. I remove the 2nd screw from the front and from the back of the existing Fantastic Fan flange on both sides, fill the holes with Dicor and use the included pan head screws in the holes with the mounting brackets. then the cover instals with removable clip pins like I see in your photo...

?

Dak

That was the plan, however the fan on my roof has no screws to remove, just a bead of dicor all the way around. I drilled into the flange itself where the screws should have been and sealed everything with Dicor.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Buzzcut, I'm confused.. You had to drill holes in your roof??! I installed one of these on my Weekender and already purchased another one for the 1055.. but I didn't and don't have to do any drilling.. I remove the 2nd screw from the front and from the back of the existing Fantastic Fan flange on both sides, fill the holes with Dicor and use the included pan head screws in the holes with the mounting brackets. then the cover instals with removable clip pins like I see in your photo...

?

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice addition to get that air flow, like some of the others I have The MaxxAir ones. It is great to have more airflow with the vents open and protected.

Like Reddog1 mentioned a window vent is also nice to have.

I replaced the window in my door with This and got more airflow and a better view too. Others that have TCs have done it.

As always your pictures are very good to tell your story. Keep up the good work.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Reddog1 wrote:
I have a MaxxAir vent on mine. It has been an outstanding upgrade. I hardly ever close the vent. Mine is over the bathroom vent, which I replaced with a Surflo fan.

You might consider the window vent.

Wayne

Can't put one over the bathroom vent. It would stick up higher than the Kayak Rack Crossbars which would preclude my carrying two Kayaks on the roof

Yeti_plus
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Maxxair on the trailer and camper. I leave the vents open all year. Even with 2 feet of that horrible white stuff on the roof :E, they seem to allow the camper to " breathe". Just be careful driving in the rain with the vent open, it seems to allow rain to come in weep holes in the windows. Vent is fine , no water coming in, but I had water come in the pass through window on the camper, have never noticed any water in the trailer and we drove through a pretty good thunderstorm in Kentucky 2 weeks ago.
2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213 SOLD
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a MaxxAir vent on mine. It has been an outstanding upgrade. I hardly ever close the vent. Mine is over the bathroom vent, which I replaced with a Surflo fan.

You might consider the window vent.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke