cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Bullet Premier

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously looking at buying a 31BHPR. It pretty much has everything we are looking for in a TT, the only cons we can think of with it is, it has curtains instead of solid doors for the bedroom and bunkhouse....that's about it.

Maybe because this one is so new, But i'm having a hard time finding any reviews or testimonials about them.

This is our first TT, i've rented a couple times and that makes us realize we want our own, we've been researching for months and have narrowed it down to this one.

Is there anyone out there that has any experience with the Bullet line that can give me their opinions?

Thanks!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR
1,884 REPLIES 1,884

Hiswar
Explorer
Explorer
coobrey wrote:
I made my own stabilizers and they made a HUGE difference when we are all setup. With 4 people walking around it really firmed up the trailer. I was very impressed with how much it helped. I can't speak to the SteadFast ones personally, but the concept is great.

RainbowsEnd wrote:
A new season begins. Still have our original camper and still doing good. Our windows and doors haven't leaked again since the adjustments. We're seriously thinking about SteadyFast stabilizers. Is everyone still satisfied with them?

Would love to know how you did that.

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
Also added Staeadyfast...no regrets!
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

jokerdk
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I agree the Stedyfast stopped most of the movements and I think it was worth the cost. If you buy this I would suggest you start the install in the front and watch for the mounting points considering where the pipes are for the propane.
Regards
Lars

jasoncw
Explorer
Explorer
RainbowsEnd wrote:
A new season begins. Still have our original camper and still doing good. Our windows and doors haven't leaked again since the adjustments. We're seriously thinking about SteadyFast stabilizers. Is everyone still satisfied with them?

We've only used ours a few times since I installed them, but I definitely do not regret the purchase. Firmed it up quite a bit, and if you aren't as handy as those that can make their own, they're worth it.
2016 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS
2005 Ford Excursion 6.8L 4.56's, V/C Springs, PP 3P, P3

Past:
2011 Keystone Bullet Premier 31BHPR
2009 Forest River Flagstaff 830RBSS

jasoncw
Explorer
Explorer
It's supposedly walkable, but like you mentioned, it's not very sturdy. You really need to watch where you walk. I'm only 160#, so it's not a big deal for me.
2016 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS
2005 Ford Excursion 6.8L 4.56's, V/C Springs, PP 3P, P3

Past:
2011 Keystone Bullet Premier 31BHPR
2009 Forest River Flagstaff 830RBSS

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
At close to 300 lbs I never plan on going on the roof so can't really say. When I need to reach the middle I get a ladder big enough to let me go up there on my stomach to reach what I need to.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

RavensFan24
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 2015 30RIPR and it has a TPO roof. Is this really a walkable roof? I had to get up there the other day because there was painting happening at the place where I store it and the painters completely wrapped my TT in plastic. I couldn't get some of the tape and material off from a ladder, so I climbed up to take care of the rest. I'm about 250lbs and when I Walked on the roof it would bend in spots. I tried to focus on walking where there were supports, but it was no where near as sturdy as the rubber roof on my 08 Springdale.

First off, I'm pissed random people were walking on my RV, but after getting up there and experiencing it for myself it seems like its not truly a walkable roof. Am I just too big to be up there or is this normal?

On my old RV I felt like I could put a couple chairs up there and hang out all day. With this one, I wanted to get off as fast as possible in fear of damaging the roof.
2010 Chevy Tahoe & 2015 Keystone Bullet Premier 30'

coobrey
Explorer
Explorer
I made my own stabilizers and they made a HUGE difference when we are all setup. With 4 people walking around it really firmed up the trailer. I was very impressed with how much it helped. I can't speak to the SteadFast ones personally, but the concept is great.

RainbowsEnd wrote:

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
F250 Diesel Lariat
Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Target13
Explorer
Explorer
CampinEarls wrote:
I measured the door,
The actual door is 29", outside frame to frame is 31 1/4".
When my door is all the way up till the little lock handle is touching the wall there is a 3/4" gap between the door and wall, you could get away with a 1" something and still latch it up.

I wish it was easier to post photos here, I took a couple but I'll have to load them to photobucket and post them, the way my hinge is it kind of crests a drip rail above my door.

Thank you. I ordered the 32" drip cap. I will make it work somehow. It is a little too wide to latch the door, I believe....but it will be a small price to pay if I can get the leak to stop.

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
I measured the door,
The actual door is 29", outside frame to frame is 31 1/4".
When my door is all the way up till the little lock handle is touching the wall there is a 3/4" gap between the door and wall, you could get away with a 1" something and still latch it up.

I wish it was easier to post photos here, I took a couple but I'll have to load them to photobucket and post them, the way my hinge is it kind of crests a drip rail above my door.
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

Target13
Explorer
Explorer
CampinEarls wrote:
I'll measure mine in the morning for you if you don't get the measurement before then. I will also check to see what kind of clearance is there when it is opened all the way and latched.
My left side door does this sometimes but the door itself hasn't gotten wavy or anything, on mine water pools up between the bottom of the door and the housing.

Much appreciated.

I will take pictures the next time I got out to the trailer to illustrate the issue more clearly.

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
I'll measure mine in the morning for you if you don't get the measurement before then. I will also check to see what kind of clearance is there when it is opened all the way and latched.
My left side door does this sometimes but the door itself hasn't gotten wavy or anything, on mine water pools up between the bottom of the door and the housing.
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

Target13
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. I own a 2012 31BHPR. I have noticed the storage compartment door in the front of the camper (the one on the same side as the camper main door) is leaking. When I lift the door to access the storage, I can see the inside of the door is getting "wavy". When I open the door, there is usually water sitting inside of the lip that the door seals against.

I have sealed all of the exposed edges with clear silicone with no positive results. I am considering mounting something like this:

Drip Cap

above the door to stop any water from running down the camper and entering the compartment.

The trailer is pulled very little as it sits in a seasonal spot, so spray from towing is not an issue.

2 questions:

1) I the trailer is stored about an hour away from me. I do not know the dimensions of the door....does anyone have close, quick access to the 2012 31bhpr to get a quick measurement of the total length of the compartment opening? I want to make sure I get the right length of drip edge. Just thought I would ask here before driving out to measure.

2) Does this seem like a good idea to anyone? Obviously, it should not leak and there is some type of seal issue. My only concern is whether or not the storage compartment door will be able to be stowed in the open position if the drip edge is too wide. For $15, it is a chance I believe I am willing to take.

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
I wanted to make an update on my leaking windows.

We had our camper repaired by local dealer. We just didn't have the time to deal with it ourselves nor the place to do it. The report was that the entire hole cut for the window frame was really a tad to large. They put "stuff" around the inside of the window frame hole area, maybe there is a gasket around the frame itself that they replaced, put the window in and did water test to check for seal. Three windows needed it. They resealed both windows on each doors also.

I think the basic frameless windows may be hard to just caulk around. I read that somewhere but not sure why. But if someone does this please tell us how it holds and honestly how it looks! You may want to try that first as that may do the trick! I'm very picky about things and knew I'd never do it properly.

Our windows looked solid and sealed to us! Still have no idea how they leaked, I could never see anything but the frameless window glass sort of hides things. I have no idea if any water got into the wall ever? That's why I wanted it to just get fixed and not wait!

I think in the future first thing in the spring or fall maybe I'll do a water leak test, just let water run on the windows and check inside for leaks. Ours was very very slight but every bit of moisture that builds up on the floors an cause damage!

Happy Camping.
F250 Diesel Lariat
Laissez les bons temps rouler!