cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Bullet Premier

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously looking at buying a 31BHPR. It pretty much has everything we are looking for in a TT, the only cons we can think of with it is, it has curtains instead of solid doors for the bedroom and bunkhouse....that's about it.

Maybe because this one is so new, But i'm having a hard time finding any reviews or testimonials about them.

This is our first TT, i've rented a couple times and that makes us realize we want our own, we've been researching for months and have narrowed it down to this one.

Is there anyone out there that has any experience with the Bullet line that can give me their opinions?

Thanks!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR
1,884 REPLIES 1,884

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have auto retract but I think I read in the directions that you do, if you have it.
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

jokerdk
Explorer
Explorer
gregrc75 wrote:
Thought I would post a pic of the new "toy" I picked up this week. Carefree Vacation'r screen room. It was relatively easy to put up. I would imagine after doing it a couple of more times I will cut my 25 min set up time in half.

Do you disconnect the awning from automatically retract during windy conditions?

jasoncw
Explorer
Explorer
dsmechanic wrote:
where and how much did you pay for the braces?

Steadyfast
2016 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS
2005 Ford Excursion 6.8L 4.56's, V/C Springs, PP 3P, P3

Past:
2011 Keystone Bullet Premier 31BHPR
2009 Forest River Flagstaff 830RBSS

dsmechanic
Explorer
Explorer
where and how much did you pay for the braces?

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
I added that as well in August. It's great!
Greg and J

jasoncw
Explorer
Explorer
Just got the latest mod installed. Wow, what a difference!

2016 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS

Past:

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
gregrc75 wrote:
Thought I would post a pic of the new "toy" I picked up this week. Carefree Vacation'r screen room. It was relatively easy to put up. I would imagine after doing it a couple of more times I will cut my 25 min set up time in half.

We had something like that when we had a popup camper and it was awesome, of course we really needed extra space but we found so many uses for it!
F250 Diesel Lariat
Laissez les bons temps rouler!

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
When I haven't used the propane for a while, I like to run all the stove burners to clear the lines of air before switching the fridge to propane. There is sometimes a bunch of air but it works every time.
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T
2015 Ford F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
2010 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.4L

jasoncw
Explorer
Explorer
Robinsonfam wrote:
Ecobullet -thanks for the reply. Yes we make sure it is lit before we go. The refrigerator works great when not towing. We dry camped recently for a week and it gave us zero problems until we drove the unit.

Did you try running it on gas only, as opposed to the Auto setting?
2016 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS

Past:

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer

Greg and J

Robinsonfam
Explorer
Explorer
Ecobullet -thanks for the reply. Yes we make sure it is lit before we go. The refrigerator works great when not towing. We dry camped recently for a week and it gave us zero problems until we drove the unit.

EcoBullet
Explorer
Explorer
Robinsonfam wrote:
Has anyone had issues with the Refrigerator not staying lit when driving? My dealer has not been able to figure it out. I can literally drive the unit one mile and the check light will be on. My dealer thinks it is something with my tv (2011 Sequoia) and the trailer (2014 Premier 22RB) together as they can use one of their TVs and it works fine. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Do you make sure the unit switches to gas properly before you drive off?

Mine was off for about 8 hours of driving time once. After unplugging from campsite power, I didn't check to see if the fridge had switched to gas. I checked the owners manual and it said that sometimes when switching to gas, there will be air in the gas-line and it won't start. It also said to wait about 45 seconds to be sure it is working. Since then, I've been careful to make sure I check the fridge last thing before I leave camp and haven't had anymore trouble
Me 1954, Nana 1954, Grandson 2003, Granddaughters 2005 & 2008
2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2013 F-150 XLT Supercrew 4X4 Ecoboost Max Tow

Robinsonfam
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had issues with the Refrigerator not staying lit when driving? My dealer has not been able to figure it out. I can literally drive the unit one mile and the check light will be on. My dealer thinks it is something with my tv (2011 Sequoia) and the trailer (2014 Premier 22RB) together as they can use one of their TVs and it works fine. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
gregrc75 wrote:
Thats disappointing. My windows are still water tight. I would put some clear sealant between the fixed piece of glass and the camper wall to see if that stops it. There is a slight gap all the way around that would hold this sealant nicely. If it is leaking from the seal between the fixed piece of glass and the piece that tilts open I am not sure what to suggest.

I'll have a better look. There is no water inside the window area which makes this all the more disturbing as we can't see anything. If it was leaking in that top glass area wouldn't we have water showing up inside the winder behind the screen area? That's all dry. That's why I'm thinking it's more the entire frame area. We ran water on the window and never saw it pooling inside the frame area. It just started a slow leak from the lowest corner point down the inside wall. There's no easy place to get it fixed locally but we have to do something.

Don't laugh but we taped up plastic around the windows until we get back next week. Who knows if it will still be up but we tried!
F250 Diesel Lariat

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
Crawfordville wrote:
We have a 2013 32' Premier. 5 of our windows leaked before we ever used it. Camper was still under warranty. Dealer had to replace all 5 windows. Our windows are the frameless style.

Ours are the frameless style also.
F250 Diesel Lariat