cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Bullet Premier

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously looking at buying a 31BHPR. It pretty much has everything we are looking for in a TT, the only cons we can think of with it is, it has curtains instead of solid doors for the bedroom and bunkhouse....that's about it.

Maybe because this one is so new, But i'm having a hard time finding any reviews or testimonials about them.

This is our first TT, i've rented a couple times and that makes us realize we want our own, we've been researching for months and have narrowed it down to this one.

Is there anyone out there that has any experience with the Bullet line that can give me their opinions?

Thanks!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR
1,884 REPLIES 1,884

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know of a link online to purchase bronze cabinet pulls for the bullet premier?
F250 Diesel Lariat
Laissez les bons temps rouler!

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
Update on refrigerator/freezer. We found the heating element to not be working. Located a rv repair place not to far, paid $60 for a new one and went about trying to replace it. He gave us wonderful advise, thanks Marv! There are some great rv YouTube howto videos to follow. Terrified we would really mess it up though. If you are capable it really is easier to take the fridge completely out. I was freaked though lol. So we pushed it inside about 6 inches to give some working space in the back, reached up to uncrimp the metal housing and tugged and pulled the old heating element out, not easy. It all went back together easily but for the metal crimping areas. Hence why it is better to take the thing out and work inside the rv doing it. The videos make it look easier to uncrimp the metal housing and pull the element out of its holder from a complete open back. If you ever have to do this you'll know what I'm referring to. I know my limitations though. So now it seems to be working well, yea! I'll give it the weekend to check for complete cooling.
F250 Diesel Lariat

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
Jt94 wrote:
Intro and some ?'s...

New to the travel trailer world with a purchase of a lightly used '11 31bhpr. I think I've read all 172 pages of postings and have gained some good info from them, thanks! Already doing some mods like led lighting, dual 6v batteries, and other misc items.

My first questions are regarding the main slide out. Underneath the slide is a flat rubber seal that slides along the black, slick floor covering. This seal is ripped on the aft side about 6 inches or so. Is this a common issue and what's the best approach to get replacement seal?

Also regarding the main slide, while retracting, the last foot or so the motor seems VERY labored. You can hear the motor struggling and the slide barely moving. Is this normal? The rear comes in very nicely, albeit smaller and lighter. The house batteries are brand new, fully charged and the trailer is plugged into AC.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello,

the slide on my 2011 28RLPR sounds the same. It has sounded like that since new. Whether or not it is "suppose" to sound like that, I dont know. It has worked fine for 3 years/4 seasons.
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

Jt94
Explorer
Explorer
Intro and some ?'s...

New to the travel trailer world with a purchase of a lightly used '11 31bhpr. I think I've read all 172 pages of postings and have gained some good info from them, thanks! Already doing some mods like led lighting, dual 6v batteries, and other misc items.

My first questions are regarding the main slide out. Underneath the slide is a flat rubber seal that slides along the black, slick floor covering. This seal is ripped on the aft side about 6 inches or so. Is this a common issue and what's the best approach to get replacement seal?

Also regarding the main slide, while retracting, the last foot or so the motor seems VERY labored. You can hear the motor struggling and the slide barely moving. Is this normal? The rear comes in very nicely, albeit smaller and lighter. The house batteries are brand new, fully charged and the trailer is plugged into AC.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
rtate wrote:
My son bought a Bullet last August right before he and his wife had a son. They have not been able to use it yet. It is in my back yard. I think he would sell it if he had the opportunity. Just sitting there taking up space in my yard.

I hope everything is ok with the baby. If so I do not understand the issue. My oldest camped at 1 year, first trip for all of use. My daughter camped at 5 months and my youngest camped at 4 weeks. We were in a pop up at the time and everything was great.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
coobrey wrote:
Does anyone know what I need to do to get the sound to come out of the main television speakers? There is a setting on the tv to turn on tv speakers, and that setting is on, but the sound still only comes from the 2 ceiling mounted speakers. Those speakers are a bit too loud (kids can hear from the back room), and we sit on the couch which is closer to the tv than the ceiling speakers anyway. Thanks.

Are you watching the tv or DVD? We bought a DVD player so that the sound comes from the tv. If you shut the stereo off the the tv should work.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, behind the exterior fridge vent. It was in that area. Hope it's an easy fix!
Greg and J

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
When you say behind .... are you referring to the area outside the camper where you remove the grid cover area. Or did you pull the fridge out and look behind? No luck yet. The gas is lit so will check that out for awhile and see if that works. We know it's getting electric and gas so guess that means fuses are ok? Ours is probably out of warranty.

No yellow or smell that we detect, no loud noises, no obstruction that we can see up to the back refrigerator slats (whatever that's called). Checked that from outside, hard to see though up in there and nothing looks odd on top the camper.

We did find a place 30min from here that may work on it. We are at a seasonal site.
F250 Diesel Lariat

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
RainbowsEnd wrote:
My refrigerator freezer isn't working. Fuse looks ok and trailer level, everything else works fine. Not a good way to start out the weekend, time for troubleshooting .....

Good luck. My fridge cooling core went a few months after purchase but was replaced under warranty. I noticed a yellow pollen like substance behind the fridge when I removed the back cover.
Greg and J

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
My refrigerator freezer isn't working. Fuse looks ok and trailer level, everything else works fine. Not a good way to start out the weekend, time for troubleshooting .....
F250 Diesel Lariat

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
I thought I had read that someone did this fix but I couldn't find the post. I guess I need a big square piece of metal to attach the bracket to.

I also read that someone tried to use 60lb supports but they wouldn't hold the door up so I guess it has to be 80lbs.
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

65ShelbyCobra
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem with my struts. I think I posted it and my fix in this thread.
2011 Premier Bullet 31BHPR (Sold)
2015 Keystone 325 SRX
2008 Ford F-250 6.4L PowerStroke FX4

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone else have problems with your outdoor kitchen door struts? My rivets pulled out of my rear one a couple years ago, easy enough to fix. Recently on the rear strut the bracket pulled out of the actual door. I reattached it beside where it was originally it pulled right out when I tried to close it.
I'm camping now and thought I'd try to fix it, I had a piece of 12" aluminum about 1" wide so I screwed it into the door and attached the bracket to that, seemed really sturdy until I tried to close the door it just twisted the aluminum...

The struts are 80lb each which seems like too much to me but has any one else done this fix before?
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

Target13
Explorer
Explorer
coobrey wrote:
Does anyone know what I need to do to get the sound to come out of the main television speakers? There is a setting on the tv to turn on tv speakers, and that setting is on, but the sound still only comes from the 2 ceiling mounted speakers. Those speakers are a bit too loud (kids can hear from the back room), and we sit on the couch which is closer to the tv than the ceiling speakers anyway. Thanks.

Did you try turning off the stereo power and manually turning up the tv?

rtate
Explorer
Explorer
My son bought a Bullet last August right before he and his wife had a son. They have not been able to use it yet. It is in my back yard. I think he would sell it if he had the opportunity. Just sitting there taking up space in my yard.
2014 Ram CTD 4x2 SRW 3.42 68 RE auto trans
Big Horn 3055RL

Restless

San Marcos Tx