cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Passport 2015 Issues

ElementZero
Explorer
Explorer
Not really a question, just another "warning" thread about the Keystone Passport. We bought the 3290BH model (2015) specifically because it had lots of sleeping space. It's been a nightmare. I'll list the things that have gone wrong with it below just as a warning for others but the biggest problem is the bathtub. There is supposed to be a lip on the bathtub as it goes behind the plastic wall covering, ours was missing or something. Basically EVERY SINGLE TIME we took a shower, a good amount of water went UNDER the tub. To make things worse on ours (not sure if this applies to others) they had cut a section of the floor out for the U-Joint of the tub. The problem here is they didn't cut ALL the way through the floor, only part way. So now all this water that accumulated under the tub just drained into the hole in the floor.

We noticed the problem and took our unit to the dealer to see if they could fix it. At one point I had looked through the access panel and probably seen about a gallon of water under there because it would only really drain into the hole when we moved the trailer and the water shifted. They responded by screwing in the plastic wall with tons of screws and then caulking all around the tub. By the time they did this there was already a soft spot in the floor.

Now a couple months have gone by and about 75% of the floor of our trailer is soft. In some places you actually have to walk on the steel beams the are support to support the floor because the floor is literally not present. The only thing preventing these areas of the floor from completely falling through is the linoleum.

I have now spent the last THREE MONTHS trying to get Keystone to fix the issue. I have had the dealer check it over twice and send pictures. They had had their maintenance guy contact Keystone and tell them that the trailer needs to be sent back to the factory. I'm about to take the trailer to them AGAIN because Keystone insists they need more pictures. I sent Keystone probably 25 pictures myself. There is the fact that I HAD THE REPAIR DONE and the water stopped leaking but yet Keystone still says they want to find out where the water came from originally (duh?!?!).

Anyways, I'm sure I'll eventually get this fixed but this has been a nightmare. I've spent the last three months with probably about 5 hours on the phone and maybe 100 emails. And like I said - this has only been the biggest problem, I'll detail other issues in another post. But yeah beware if you are considering buying one - it WILL fall apart on you.
----------------
(TV) 2014 Nissan NV3500 SL
(TT) 2015 Keystone 3290BH
Been fulltiming sine June 1st, 2015.
EvenThePets.com
1 REPLY 1

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
That dealer tech did you NO favors with that jury-rigged repair........all those screws just weakened the tub/shower material and created more water intrusion points.
Whole tub/shower surround needs replaced with NEW

Don't really see how problem can be fixed w/o removal of tub to get at/replace subfloor

Good luck!!!
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31