cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lance Guys...

Scrubby
Explorer
Explorer
Im pretty sure Ive had my heart set on purchasing an outback terrain 250rts..I just want to see if you lance guys can talk me out of it..Can I get a decent deal on a new or left over Lance Travel trailer (2185) model..Is the quality that far superior to the oubacks?? I live in New Jersey and the nearest Lance dealer is in Maryland..So I really cant go and just pop in and check one out.. We will more than likely purchasing a new Camper at the hersey Show in September.. Im hoping Lance will be represented there so we can check them out..
15 REPLIES 15

700g
Explorer
Explorer
don't the Lance trailers have flat roofs?

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
I respectfully disagree. Lance offers a premium product for a premium price.

While I do agree that there may be other mfgs making great trailers I've yet to see any that really pass muster the way that Lance does.

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

APT
Explorer
Explorer
Most Lance owners are very pleased with their RV. However, I do not see the value in their TTs compared to the other brands/lines for the costs.

Keystone Outback has been a well built TT with very happy owners. The Terrain line is a bit lower now in terms of features and equipment. I noticed Keystone moving both the smaller former Outback models to the Terrain line as well as making them cheaper than the regular Outbacks.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
Pinch rolling....

===================

Ah, what's "pinch rolling"????

happy trails,
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

westend
Explorer
Explorer
WoodGlue wrote:
westend wrote:
Pinch rolling....

Do you have an issue with Pinch rolling?

WoodGlue
LOL, no. :B
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
Pinch rolling....

Do you have an issue with Pinch rolling?

WoodGlue

dapozer
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at both, researched both, and climbed all over both of them. Went home with a Outback. better product for the Price. Went to the TT from our 2nd Lance TC so we know Lance.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Pinch rolling....
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

sbowman871
Explorer
Explorer
gmw photos wrote:
Yes, a certain irony there that woodglue has that name, since she spends an inordinate amout of time trash talking "wood", and considers it to be the work of the devil, while azdel was sent down directly from heaven to solve all of the ills of RV'ing . ๐Ÿ™‚

That's cold
2010 Everlite 29FK
2011 Ford F150 V6 Ecoboost Max Tow 3.73
Parkit 360

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at how they build Lance TT's and TC's and compare for yourself:

Lance Factory Tour - Video

I'm much rather have Azdel in the walls of my trailer than luaun (wood) Not to mention the LitePly REAL wood used in the cabinetry, the BeauFlor etc.

I guess that makes me a bad person.

WoodGlue

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, a certain irony there that woodglue has that name, since she spends an inordinate amout of time trash talking "wood", and considers it to be the work of the devil, while azdel was sent down directly from heaven to solve all of the ills of RV'ing . ๐Ÿ™‚

mogman
Explorer
Explorer
I've had my 1685 for 2 years now, had 2 trips to Florida with it 11,000kms each time, plus lots of local camping trips, very comfortable in the cold weather (4 seasons package, dual pane windows etc.)
Other than the******tires they put on it I have had nothing go wrong with it, nothing has fallen off. I camp solo now so the smaller size suits me very well.
I did a tour of the factory and was impressed by the construction methods they use.
You could check on the Lance Owners forum and do a bit of reading, some people have had some issues with some models, but a lot more people are very happy with theirs.
'15 Ford Transit 250, 3.5 ecoboost, 3:73 ls
'12 Lance 1685

IndyCamp
Explorer
Explorer
sbowman871 wrote:
Calling Woodglue!!

One word: Azdel ๐Ÿ˜‰
2018 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
2014 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
sbowman871 wrote:
Calling Woodglue!!

Darn! You beat me to it. WG is the biggest fan of Lance RVs I have seen on any forum so far. ๐Ÿ™‚
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_