cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaking shower

Uually
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased a Forrest River travel trailer, first trip 3 of the 6 showers we took we found a small puddle of water on the floor. We have a corner shower with circular doors with a magnetic strip to hold the doors together. I have seen showers like this in homes with no problems. every thing looks like it is caulked yet we get a small leak. does anyone have a round doored shower with this problem? If so what did you do?
7 REPLIES 7

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Houston Remodeler wrote:
Caulking should be done on the outside of the shower door frame and not on the inside for a simple reason; if any water gets into the frame, its supposed to run back into the shower. If that path is closed, the frame will rot or flood.

None of mine including the present one have been caulked on the outside. The pan is plastic and the doors and the sides are metal, so it can't rot anyway. Plus I can't access 2 sides of it on the outside.

joelh
Explorer
Explorer
My forest River Micro lite does the same thing. I have watched it with the shower running and do see any water, but when I open the shower door is really comes out, I am presuming off of the track on the door. I have just settled for a towel by the shower.
2010 Viewfinder 24

Uually
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tips, stopping by the dealer next week

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
Caulking should be done on the outside of the shower door frame and not on the inside for a simple reason; if any water gets into the frame, its supposed to run back into the shower. If that path is closed, the frame will rot or flood.
2015 Starcraft Launch 24RLS
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4
Guarded by 2 Jack Russells

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
When we purchased ours 32QBBS, (fifth wheel) it was used and the previous owner said he had a heck of a time with the shower leaking. He said it had leaked since he had purchased it, but not every time, and he had it in the shop 4 different times, he had caulked, etc. We opened up the access panel, which was located under the shower in the living area and found a small crack in the drain pipe. Replaced the drain pipe and it has been dry as a bone since then.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check the caulking around the door track at the bottom. Had this issue in a TT & it turned out there was a ton of caulk at one end and almost none at the other. Made a puddle in the floor until we figured it out.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does it have a service door under the faucet if so I have seen a crack in the lid cause a leak..The other is the jam nut on the drain is loose when you step on the pan it leaks