cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leaky Faucet

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
The kitchen faucet has developed a leak and an annoying drip into the sink. Does one just replace the stem washers like a regular faucet? How do the handles come off to access the stem?
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk
23 REPLIES 23

KatherineXu
Explorer
Explorer

You can check out this article on how to fix a leaky faucet. Hope this can help you !

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kayteg1 wrote:
WOW. This is the first time I hear RV manufacturer installed faucet with ceramic cartridge in it.
Those are considered lifetime lasting and usually come with lifetime warranty. But like to make small drips.
If you really have one, call the manufacturer and they should send new cartridge free of charge.

It's an Eagle Cap. They also include a built-in water filter tap.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:
When I took it apart to fix the drip I reversed everything that looked like a seat washer to eliminate all the grooves and then the handle leak started. Bought a pack of O-rings at Home Depot for $2.40 and now all problems solved. I also threw the extra rings in the camper drawer for insurance.

Looks like you saved $60-80 and the headache of swapping out your faucet.
Camp Host, from the other side.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
When I took it apart to fix the drip I reversed everything that looked like a seat washer to eliminate all the grooves and then the handle leak started. Bought a pack of O-rings at Home Depot for $2.40 and now all problems solved. I also threw the extra rings in the camper drawer for insurance.

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:
The kitchen faucet has developed a leak and an annoying drip into the sink. Does one just replace the stem washers like a regular faucet? How do the handles come off to access the stem?

It lasted 10 years, how long you going to keep this one??

Cheap might not be a bad choice.

I LIVE in a 20 year old 40' TT with the original kitchen faucet.

When it dies I doubt I'll be buying a nice expensive stick house faucet.

I replaced the original bathroom sink faucet last year, the shower is also the original.

The TC I bought had a nice expensive stick house faucet and it dripped. It was junk too.
Camp Host, from the other side.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Super_Dave wrote:
I must have put the stem in and taken it back out 1/2 dozen times but finally got it.

Mine started leaking about a year after I had fixed the drip. The O-ring was dry, hard and mis-shapen. I'd find a new one if I were you. I put a spare in the drawer in case the hot side ever leaks.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
I must have put the stem in and taken it back out 1/2 dozen times but finally got it.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Super_Dave wrote:
wnjj wrote:
Super_Dave wrote:
Thanks guys. In the short term, I've been turning off the pump and bleeding the pressure so it doesn't drip. I'll start shopping for an off season project faucet replacement.

Did you see my post? Mine leaked and it was a 10 minute fix (no parts needed). I just verified and it's a 3/32" Allen (or metric like it) to remove the handle then an adjustable wrench to pull the cartridge.

Once the cartridge is out, there's a clip on the top shaft you can pull to disassemble it. The issue is crud that builds on the sealing surfaces of the ceramic discs. Clean them up and reassemble.

Do you happen to know what brand this is? I've done as you recommended but now have it leaking through the stem on to the counter. A complete stem replacement would be my wish if I knew the brand.

Sorry, I don't know the brand but I replaced the O-ring above that was causing mine to leak under the handle with one from an Ace hardware store. Just bring the old one in to match it.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Lots of us chuck the RV plastic fixtures and get a nice home unit.

X2

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Harbor Freight has washer kits with as far as I can tell ever type/size (141 in quantity) for around $4. Btw, I tried to get a washer for my outside faucet from Home Depot and Lowes. I think I spent more on gasoline going to those stores. Should have just stopped at Harbor Freight. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I have no idea if your faucet is rebuildable but probably is.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
wnjj wrote:
Super_Dave wrote:
Thanks guys. In the short term, I've been turning off the pump and bleeding the pressure so it doesn't drip. I'll start shopping for an off season project faucet replacement.

Did you see my post? Mine leaked and it was a 10 minute fix (no parts needed). I just verified and it's a 3/32" Allen (or metric like it) to remove the handle then an adjustable wrench to pull the cartridge.

Once the cartridge is out, there's a clip on the top shaft you can pull to disassemble it. The issue is crud that builds on the sealing surfaces of the ceramic discs. Clean them up and reassemble.

Do you happen to know what brand this is? I've done as you recommended but now have it leaking through the stem on to the counter. A complete stem replacement would be my wish if I knew the brand.

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
mistake post

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moen.... Buy it for looks, buy it for life.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here's the factory faucet in my Eagle Cap. Dave's should be the same. I pulled it apart this morning because I now have an external leak under the cold handle when using either side. The o-ring around the cartridge is rock hard. At least it's an easy fix.

Set screw to remove handle:

Handle off. Then use adjustable wrench to remove cartridge:

Cartridge with clip on top:

My bad o-ring: