Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Location of Ground on 2003 Lance 1161

hdblair
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All:

Am having some problems with my battery separator on my Lance TC 1161 2002. Am attempting to run down any grounding issues but am finding it impossible to locate the major ground. I have the factory schematics and they say "located in front corner under jack" on one drawing and
"Ground bar (located in front R/S corner, on the wing)" on another drawing. For the life of me I can not locate this. Anyone know?

Also, anyone every had any problems with the battery separator no charging while truck/camper is NOT connected to 120 land voltage? Mine will not charge properly when driving.

Thanks,
Harold
4 REPLIES 4

bens170
Explorer
Explorer
On my 2003 Lance 1161 grounding point is near the right forward jack. Next to it is a cable connection and a two 120 Volt outlet with covers.
Ben

hdblair
Explorer
Explorer
Many thanks for the info! Most helpful.

Harold

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
The area both statements are referring to under the driver-side wing, close to the front jack.

This is the area on my 2001 1121, and those two bare copper wires hanging down are the ground wires. They normally are connected to the small sheet-metal plate closest to the jack hinge, but I've been working on this area so they're disconnected right now. And, I can attest to the fact that the exterior lights on the camper don't work with them disconnected.

Hope that helps.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
the ground bar on my lance is under the bed overhang near where the umbilical power cord that connects to the truck bed plug of the camper is
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags