cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for a heavy duty TV?

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
I apologize in advance if this is not a good idea, but saw this truck for sale and it appears that it might be able to be converted ( remove the dump parts ) to a TV for a FW. It appears in good shape. I admit I know nothing about converting trucks or towing FW for that matter, just looked like it might be a deal for someone. BTW I have no interest in the truck, seller, website, etc.

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemID=408&acctid=3678
11 REPLIES 11

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
OK, here's mine that I had to shorten and put the bed on. Yes, it's air ride.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, where are all the people on RV.Net that said: "oh if they just made a truck with a Ford Cab, a Cummins engine and an Allie tranny, I would buy it in a second!

Here is your truck; put up or shut up!
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

wirenutz
Explorer
Explorer
let me tell ya, that single cab would get real crowded on a long trip, yes I know its a large (wide) cab but not having any room behind the seats for those little things, and if you have dogs, well its amazing just how much room a small dog can take up, and I noticed only the drivers seat is air ride
2007 All American Sport Toy Hauler 38 foot, 14,400 LBS dry weight
1999 Four Door Freightliner,new 6 Speed Auto, new Cat Motor, 12,600 LBS, rear air dump, lowers rear by 3", air activated rear locker, air ride seats, air ride cab, air ride suspension

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's never been titled or tagged... a certificate of origin is what a new truck comes with before it's titled. Should not be a problem as it's the same as titling a new truck. The Allison is a double overdrive tranny. I'd call and ask about the springs/air suspension or use the vin to get a complete printout.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
"This truck comes with a certificate of origin and a motor vehicle bill of sale only.. There is no Connecticut title available."

Might be a show-stopper. I'd check & be sure you could get it registered.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
F750s make great haulers!

However.... Most of the commercial configurations on down on power. Some as low as 200 HP. They offered them up to 320 HP (or 360 for RV use) but most owners opted for the low HP models to keep down wear and tear, and fuel costs.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Take VIN to local Ford dealer and he should be able to tell you exactly what's on the truck (esp the gear ratio). One thing I didn't see or read as to what it had for rear susp. (air ride or spring). I'm willing to bet she will run around 1500-1700 rpm's at hiway speed.

Let us know what you come up with.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Everything on the back is just bolted on... Even the PTO and probably worth $2000 to a trash company. Would not make a good every day driver.

TexasRangerRzR
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen Super-C toyhaulers that were based on an F-750 chasis, with choice of a Cat or Cummins engine. I think it would have my interest too.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like quite a beast. It may go slow but, it would pull.

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
I expect that the drive axle gearing on that one would not be ideal for highway speeds.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure