cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a "soft" rubber truck bed mat

TCINTN
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for a soft rubber truck bed mat to put under my Northern Lite 811.
The one I have is hard and after this trip we were on which involved some bad roads I found the unit moving around.
While talking with a rep from NL about another small difficulty,I mentioned the moving and he highly recommended a soft rubber truck bed mat to put under the bottom which is fiber glass.
Would appreciate any good ideas. I have been Googling and looking on Amazon with no luck
Thanks
"But if not"
"Nevertheless"
22 REPLIES 22

twodownzero
Explorer
Explorer
Mello Mike wrote:
Just buy one of these. Easy Peasy.

Dee Zee Custom Bed Mat

That's exactly what I use.

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
Carb Cleaner wrote:
How long did it live as a bed mat? Mine has about 15 months on it and going strong. I think if I get 5 years out of it, I'll buy another.
Beers ago, I used a similar mat for the just about completely rusted out floorpan of a '77 Toyota pick-up. A friend gave it to me and called it "Mining Belt", from his Father's coal mining endeavor. Really tough stuff. Before I threw screws in it, you got wet when it rained from the water splashing up and forcing the mat to move when I hit a big puddle. The passenger had to remember to hold their cigarette up. Ahh. Good times.

Mine's on my 3rd truck, over 20 years old.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Carb Cleaner wrote:
How long did it live as a bed mat?

About 5 years
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
I got mine at Advance Auto parts store.
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
How long did it live as a bed mat? Mine has about 15 months on it and going strong. I think if I get 5 years out of it, I'll buy another.
Beers ago, I used a similar mat for the just about completely rusted out floorpan of a '77 Toyota pick-up. A friend gave it to me and called it "Mining Belt", from his Father's coal mining endeavor. Really tough stuff. Before I threw screws in it, you got wet when it rained from the water splashing up and forcing the mat to move when I hit a big puddle. The passenger had to remember to hold their cigarette up. Ahh. Good times.
'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Carb Cleaner,
I used to have that bed mat and when it began to get shabby, it made some nice mud flaps.

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
My Dualliner truck bed liner system came with a really nice mat. It's harder than the interlocking square mats at Home Depot, but it's a boat load more durable. I imagine it's similar to a stall mat.
The mat is custom fit for your truck and integrates into the rest of the bed liner system, which consists of durable, plastic sides. The mat will not blow out when your tailgate is down/removed. I use my truck for work, too, and couldn't be happier with Dualliner's quality. After a small glitch in my order due to shipping damage, the problem was resolved and a new component shipped within 3 hours of my initial email. The part was here the next day. You don't find customer service like that very often.
http://www.dualliner.com/
Clicky
After 9 months of hauling materials, trash, straw, mulch and equipment, this is how it looked (after giving the top of the mat a lick and a promise with a broom). I wanted to clean under the mat before we picked up our new truck camper and I was pleased at what little debris I found under the mat.
I know I sound like a commercial, but when I find a company that produces a quality product and has stellar customer support, I like to spread the word.

'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder how big of a gel pad a person could get. All kidding aside, I'm surprised that the mention of the foam insulation board hasn't come up under the "soft" topic.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Not for nothing but why didn't you ask the NL rep where to get this mythical "soft" bed mat?

If for nothing else, it would have been entertaining to watch him squirm if he didn't have an answer for you.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
rickeoni wrote:
06Fargo wrote:
Have you seen the new 1 inch thick non slip inflatable mat for TC's ?

It is form fitted to the pickup bed, conforms to floor ribs and spreads the weight of the camper floor evenly...

Isolates the camper completely from vibration...

Ya me neither ...

So we use stall mats.

Had me going for about 5 seconds 🙂

It would be a nice innovation - made from the right material and design so it wasn't a full on air mattress...

Z-Peller
Explorer
Explorer
Had that problem when I first got my Bigfoot way back in 2002. Got a 4x6 rubber mesh mat from a carpet store. They are made for under area carpet to keep it in place. I have the usual rubber bed mat, then put the mesh mat on top of that when I load the camper. I have a L/B truck so position the 6' mesh mat from the tailgate forward since the front of my camper never did move around like the back end. Anyway, camper never moves a bit since getting that mat, and even though it is pretty well flattened out over 12 yrs of pounding under my 9'6" Bigfoot, it still works great.
Bill..
2017 Bigfoot 10.4 camper...2016 GMC 3500 4x4 Xcab Duramax Dually...

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Just buy one of these. Easy Peasy.

Dee Zee Custom Bed Mat
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
06Fargo wrote:

It is form fitted to the pickup bed, conforms to floor ribs and spreads the weight of the camper floor evenly...

Ya me neither ...

So we use stall mats.

Had me going for about 5 seconds 🙂
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III

Ya me neither ...

So we use stall mats.