cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

.modification for forest river 25ft micro lite

pattyann1750
Explorer
Explorer
We love our 25 ft forest river micro lite but the storage is small and the rear slide out storage is almost useless.
My thought was to remove the molded plastic from the rail which would add about 5-6 in with to the roll out and attach a coated metal base or plywood with a lip on either side and inset stoppers on the back as it can roll right off if you arenโ€™t careful!Then inset 2-3 crates for storage. It seems like a much better use of space.one for water hoses and connectors, one for electrical cords and connectors and one for misc. items.The molded plastic is so narrow from the form itself and then with a molded attached piece in the middle , you are left with very little usable space.
Thanks for your thoughts,in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

pattyann1750
Explorer
Explorer
Mitch, that is exactly what we have.Thanks for posting the picture.I will continue on????

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think this is what you have.

By the looks of it, I don't see any reason you can't do what you want to do.

I'm not sure how deep it is, but without the slide box in there, you should gain some space for sure which I think makes up for the 'convenience of a slide out box to access stuff.

Good luck! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

pattyann1750
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Mitch, we have a forest river 25fks flagstaff..I cannot find a picture of the back end storage in question. Icould takea pic but I donโ€™t know how to upload it.I amexcited about the possibility,my husbandโ€™not so much.The more info I can get and learn ,the better my chances are.Thank you

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
What model is it and do you have a pic of the space you are talking about?

My Rockwood Mini Lite has a "ton" of storage.. I've modded a few things to make the available storage more 'efficient' however..

Nothing wrong with that, and what you propose is not going to make you over weight.. Just more 'efficient'.

Good luck! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
Added storage space means added weight.

You're gonna end up with a 25.5 ft. MidiLite...