cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new B&W Patriot

Greene728
Explorer
Explorer
Got my new hitch in and put together last week. It's a B&W Patriot 3200 16k. I've only done one test pull with it to try it out and set my heights and such. During the test run I was very pleased! Much quieter than my Reese slider it replaced which I never used. And with it set in the 2in back rear position, a newer model 5er with curved front cap, I have outstanding clearance! If the build quality (welds, flawless powder coat finish, outstanding adjustability) are any indication of reliability, I should be happy for quite some time! There weren't many review's on this hitch I could find prior to purchasing. It's their rail mount version which is still somewhat new I believe. I went out on a limb buying on-line sight unseen based solely on B&Ws reputation and the hitches adjustability. So far I'm glad I did and I hope this post will help someone else looking for this hitch out! The quick release head with handles and the base with hand grips are awesome too! I'm 42 about 165# in very good shape and can set the two pieces out myself relatively easy. The base is still stout at around 115#'s but I can handle it pretty well.
New Ram 3500 CTD and new B&W hitch! Counting my blessings and wishing for spring to come on every day!

Thanks,
Scott
2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHS ( Traded )
2017 Grand Design 303RLS ( Sold )
Currently camperless ( Just taking a break )
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 6.0 and 4:10’s
Me and the wife and our two daughters. Life's good!
6 REPLIES 6

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good call, welcome to the Club!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Greene728
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
The Patriot 16k,IMO, has to be one of best all around hitches available for the dollars spent. It is hard to find top notch quality of anything, and still get a bargain price.

Jerry

Completely agree!
2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHS ( Traded )
2017 Grand Design 303RLS ( Sold )
Currently camperless ( Just taking a break )
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 6.0 and 4:10’s
Me and the wife and our two daughters. Life's good!

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
The Patriot 16k,IMO, has to be one of best all around hitches available for the dollars spent. It is hard to find top notch quality of anything, and still get a bargain price.

Jerry

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Have had mine for 3 seasons and it still looks and works like new. Good choice.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
You will be happy. Tough to beat a B&W.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
Good choice, welcome to the B&W fan club.
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion