cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My TC Travels since 2007

wsdepa
Explorer
Explorer
It has been a long time since I have posted to this forum. I was a lot more active when I first began setting my TC up for extended travel. Since I retired in 2007, my wife and I have travelled about 100,000 miles, camped in every state except Hawaii and all of the Canadian Provences except Labrador. We have visited 41 of the 58 U.S. national parks and many, many monuments, historic sites, archeaological sites, civil war sites and many state parks. At least half of the remaining 17 national parks will require going by boat or bush plane. I would like to share some of my photos and commentaries of some of these trips with the forum. You can check out our blog which starts with the most recent trips and goes backward in time. Be sure to click on the "older posts" link to see all of the pages. You can see our blog at:

Bill and Debbie's Blog
2006 F-350 S/C 6.0 DRW 4x4 3.73, 2005 Lance Max 981, most options. Camped 49 states and all Canadian Provences(cept Labrador). 100,000 miles and 500 plus nights of TCing.
http://truckntravels.blogspot.com/
7 REPLIES 7

wsdepa
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all of the nice comments.
We have often been asked, how do you plan your trips for two months? How do you make reservations? My answer, which seems to astound some people is that in all the trips that we have made, we have rarely ever made campsite reservations. We like to travel after Labor Day and have found that if we get to a National Park from Sun to Thursday, especially before 3 pm, we can always get a campsite. The exceptions to this was Florida in the winter where we made almost all of our reservations in advance. But even in Yellowstone, Yosemite and Denali, we have gotten in without a reservation. We have even gotten into the Island in the Sky (13 campsites) and Needles (26 campsites) in Canyonlands without reservations. Often we have found ourselves alone in campgrounds, especially Forest Service, BLM and Native American campgrounds in the US and Canada. With the Good Sam Travel Guide and the Alaskan Milepost, you can always phone ahead if you are nervous. We basically just rough out an itinerary and then just go and plan along the way.
2006 F-350 S/C 6.0 DRW 4x4 3.73, 2005 Lance Max 981, most options. Camped 49 states and all Canadian Provences(cept Labrador). 100,000 miles and 500 plus nights of TCing.
http://truckntravels.blogspot.com/

My_Blue_Heaven
Explorer
Explorer
wsdepa, you guys are our new heroes! Wonderful trip, fantastic photos. You have a good eye.

We are within (hopefully) six months or so of full retirement (about 90% now) and hope to spend next summer with the camper in Alaska.

In the meantime, we took an eight day cruise in the inside passages of Alaska in early September, and are leaving on a month's cruise in mid October to Turkey, Greece, Egypt, Italy, Spain, Portugal and cross the Atlantic to Florida.
2001 F350 Lariat CC 4WD 7.3 PSD dually, chipped, 4" SS exhaust, 350 hp, Rancho 9000's, front receiver, front & rear Roadmasters
2009 Arctic Fox 990S, storm windows, Cummins/Onan, FastGuns, Torklifts

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
That's a lot of travel.

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice and thanks for sharing your trip report with lots of wonderful photos.
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

Nemo667
Explorer
Explorer
...already had you bookmarked :B
2007 F-350 SRW 6.0L CC SB 4X4
2006 Outfitter Apex 8, 220W Solar and 3 AGM's
2013 Jeep Rubicon

spacedoutbob
Explorer
Explorer
Very Nice, Thank you very much for posting the photos and trip report.

Bob in Calif.
Good Sam Club Life Member

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing. Love the blog!
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150