cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New to the RV World - Towing Mirrors Recommendation

mbyost13
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All, I hope all is well. My wife and I just purchased our first camper, a Puma Forest River travel trailer (24 ft). I am happy to say, I successfully towed it for the first time yesterday. I was pretty nervous about the tow but in all honesty, it was rather easy. My only concern is having more visibility on either side of the vehicle.

We are towing our new camper with a 2019 Chevy Traverse that is already set up with the V92 towing package, a digital break control, and a E2 Anti Sway Hitch. I need to get some towing mirror extensions on our vehicle and I am not sure what to purchase? I started looking online and saw several manufacturers and websites. What manufacturer/website do you guys recommend to purchase the towing mirrors?

Thanks in advance
19 REPLIES 19

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
I got some for my Ram online. They were made for that specific model and they fit very well and look good too. They were roughly a third of what Dodge wanted for them. One thing I really like is they fold up so thereโ€™s nothing to install and remove every time I tow.

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
I have used Mckesh from Hensley Mfg. and with the optional convex mirrors have enhanced visibility to the rear 10 fold. They do not vibrate, etc. when installed properly. Our next tow vehicle will be ordered with the factory tow mirrors.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU

krobbe
Explorer
Explorer
Bought my CIPA mirror extensions thru carid.com. The ones for my Suburban were fit specific. Your Traverse will be a universal type like: CIPAยฎ - Towing Mirror Extension

I can say my mirror extensions are very low vibration and I never remove them as it isn't my daily driver.

Good luck in your search.
Me'62, DW'67, DS'04, DD'07
'03 Chevy Suburban 2500LT 4WD Vortec8.1L 4L85-E 3.73 CurtClassV
'09 BulletPremier295BHS 33'4" 7200#Loaded 1100#Tongue Equal-i-zerHitch Tires:Kumho857
Pics

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Considering the vehicle is new, I'd go to my dealership and talk to them. Keep the parts all GM. (But that's just me.)

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call the folks at eTrailer.com. They've always had good advice for me. 800-298-8924.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015