Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohio Valley Truck Camper Get together ----- June 14, 15 2013

Spott
Explorer
Explorer
We are having an Ohio Valley Truck Camper Get Together this June 14 15 & 16
Even though this is a Truck Camper get together everyone is welcome to join us at Deer Creek State Park
Here is a Park map we will be in loop 4, so far we have sites 70 72 74 & 76. all sites in this loop do have electric.

We will have a pot luck dinner on Saturday evening although we will not be having organized activities, come and go as you like or just sit around the campfire.

There is lots of information about the camp and the area on the bottom of the page in the link above.

If you have questions, ask away...
44 REPLIES 44

sno-pro79
Explorer
Explorer
We had a great time!
The wife really enjoyed the weekend.
THX

Mr Fox & Family
99 Chevy 4wd Crewcab Dually 454
Northstar 8.5 Adventurer
20' Cigarette 406 cu
24 Python 540 cu

cdl2
Explorer
Explorer
Good pix Spott..
What's that Class A doin there?........LOL

Spott
Explorer
Explorer

Playing the card game "Spot-it"

Kim and I out for a ride

Mmmmm Food...

The Gang (minus two kids, not sure where they took off to)

famousperson
Explorer
Explorer
Our camper's curse has struck again. I can't extend the legs to load it on the truck. The switch that arms the jacking system doesn't light like it normally does, so I'm thinking a breaker or solenoid somewhere (I changed the remote's battery so that isn't it). I posted a cry for help on the TC forum with the details as I know them.

This puts a real crimp in my ability to join you all this weekend. 😞 I can operated the jacks by hand, of course, but this being the first time we'll have been camping this year there is everything to do to get ready. I don't know if I can crank and shop and so forth in time to make it to Deer Creek.

How long does it take to fully extend on of those puppies by hand, anyway? Is there an affordable 12VDC to 120VAC inverter that is powerful enough to power an electric drill from the truck (I don't have AC power where I store the camper)?

I hope I can make it, but...

Peter
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, QC, CTD, auto, 4X4, LWB, DRW, Jake brake.
2005 Lance 1121
2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (toad)
+
2007 BMW R1200R (motorcycle)
Sierra Designs ASP 2 tent
Mountain Hardware sleeping bag
Thermorest 1 1/2" sleeping mat.

cdl2
Explorer
Explorer
Spott.....good idea.
I've forgotten how we did it the first time, or should I say how you did it?

sailorsmate
Explorer
Explorer
We finally got a site at #71. We've been on the road since Feb.1 so it will be good to see folks from the northeast. Bringing my Reuben casserole for pot luck. Gluten free and low carbon but that's all I guarantee!
2013 GMC 3500 DRW, D/A, 4W
2012 Lance 1191
Tincansailor at the wheel.
Tincansailortravels

Spott
Explorer
Explorer
CDL2, we have to do something about that signature, maybe this get together we can get a new photo 🙂

cdl2
Explorer
Explorer
TCRevolution.....have a safe trip
Welcome to rv.net

TCRevolution
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys,

We are new to truck camping but have already put a lot of miles in and enjoying every minute. We just registered for site 68 and are very excited to meet everybody!!

Spott
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Mikeeeee,
We don't do all of the organized fun that you guys do, but if you'd like to send some things, we would be happy to have an inaugural raffle :B

Mike Tassinari wrote:
Good evening Scott and Kim.

If you are thinking of having a Saturday night raffle of some sorts - I would like to donate a couple of pieces of clothing and one of our North-East Truck Camping 3'x5' flags.

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

db3kilrd
Explorer
Explorer
We really wanted to come to the get together,but other plans stopped us.
We hope to see all of you in Gettysburg,in September.
Denny and Deb Berry
2013 Lance TC 950
2000 Ford F350 Dually 7.3 Deisel

Mike_Tassinari
Explorer
Explorer
Good evening Scott and Kim.

If you are thinking of having a Saturday night raffle of some sorts - I would like to donate a couple of pieces of clothing and one of our North-East Truck Camping 3'x5' flags.

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
2002 Ford-4x4-Extended Cab-Dually-Lariet-Powerstroke Diesel--4.10 gears--Ranchero Adjustable Shocks-55 Gallon Extended Fuel Tank--4 Extra Main Leaf Springs-1 Extra Helper Spring..Independant Second Altinator(100AMP)to Charge MY Twin 275 AH. Deep Cycle Battery Bank tucked under the truck bed....

2001 Lance-11&1/2 Ft.-Model 1121/slide/out with all the Toys&2000 Watt Inverter

cdl2
Explorer
Explorer
We will all be there Sat.

Art_Schlangen
Explorer
Explorer
Well I tried to make reservation but they had a two night requirement. So we can come in and wing it. We will see everyone on Sat afternoon. Reservation stated they had a lot of spaces still open. Have a good week. ART

famousperson
Explorer
Explorer
We, or at least I, hope to be there Friday (at least we have the reservation). We'll bring a salad, enough for all.

Marcia is rehabbing a house that has to be ready for a July 1st rental, so she may not be able to make it. She'll surely try, though.

Peter
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, QC, CTD, auto, 4X4, LWB, DRW, Jake brake.
2005 Lance 1121
2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (toad)
+
2007 BMW R1200R (motorcycle)
Sierra Designs ASP 2 tent
Mountain Hardware sleeping bag
Thermorest 1 1/2" sleeping mat.