cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

omni trail or vanguard tires

trsky
Explorer
Explorer
Local dealers are offering limited selection of ST tires. Does anyone have any experience or info on Omni Trail or Vanguard tires. Vanguard are a Big O tire. There is very limited info when web searched.
KZ Spree 265KS
2007 Suburban 1500 4x4
6 REPLIES 6

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
The Carlisle radial trailer RH have a proven track record and have been out since early '13. Carlisle newest is the radial trail HD just released.
One thing about the new Carlisles you can get them just about anywhere vs those yakamasoto brand tires.

Another good new gen M speed rated ST tire for heavy and lite weight trailers is a Provider from Taskmaster. These tires have been around the commercial hauling industry and our larger rv trailers.http://taskmasterproducts.com/products/provider-st-radial/
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I have Carlisle Radial Trail Load D in a 15" tire. They were made in China. They are good tires.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
JRauch wrote:
My advice is to steer clear of the Omni Trail's. Had 3 blowouts the last 2 trips out. Tires were 2 years old. Kept tires covered when not in use. Checked air pressure before every trip. Just had 4 new Carlisle Trail HD's installed. Go with american made if you can.

I'm interested in the Carlisle Trail HD's. Where were yours made?
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
JRauch wrote:
My advice is to steer clear of the Omni Trail's. Had 3 blowouts the last 2 trips out. Tires were 2 years old. Kept tires covered when not in use. Checked air pressure before every trip. Just had 4 new Carlisle Trail HD's installed. Go with american made if you can.

Carlisle has many grades, bias ply, and radial. Which ones did you get, size, and price? I use ST205/75R14. For 9,537 miles I have tried to limit my speed to 60 mph although they are rated to 65 mph. Never had a problem. Sometimes I would like to run 70 without worrying about the China Bombs. No, I don't want to change my wheels and run LT tires.
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

mhsmith
Explorer
Explorer
Currently my outlook on some unfamiliar tire brands have changed. Replaced all four on my trailer in March in preparation for our 3000 mile round trip to Florida. Have ran Marathons laod range C's last 3 sets and did well for us but upgrading to a D load range tire has been the best improvement I have made in a long time, wish I had done sooner. Trailer is 15 this year. I'm running 205/75R15's made by RubberMaster and they didn't break the bank. Korean made if memory serves me right. Trailer is more steady with less sway now.

JRauch
Explorer
Explorer