cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Paint protection

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know about the PLATINUM ULTIMATE PLUS (ECP)for the paint and interior? Is it worth the money or a waste as most other things.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD
15 REPLIES 15

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We bought an extended warranty with our Outback and thought it covered everything. About 14 months after purchase, the front cap started fading. After a year and a half, we started negotiating with our dealer for a solution. The only solution was a repaint.

Turned out, the extended warranty covered everything ... EXCEPT the paint. Boy did we get screwed. I suppose we should have read the fine print.

But, Keystone finally stepped up to the plate and agreed to pay a repaint, which we did and yes, they did cover the cost. It still cost us near $1000 to have the graphics replaced, as they said there was nothing wrong with the graphics and to replace them, the cost would be on us. (imagine that). Well, we did it, and the new paint job (3 years old now) ... truly does still look as good as the day we brought it home after the repaint!

By the way, this was the ONLY thing we attempted to use with the extended warranty, as any other items were covered under the one-year, bumper-to-bumper warranty from the dealership. (which they were absolutely great with).

So, really, it's a 50/50 proposition. If you are expecting problems with the paint in the future, then it will probably be worth it. However, as with any warranty or extended service plan or anything like that, you just never know if it will be needed or not. If not needed, it's money gone. If needed, it's worth every penny, and only time will give the answer.

Personally? I wouldn't do it. 2 of 3 of my trailers had the extra warranties, and this was the only time I wanted to use it.