cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

photobucket

dpgerson
Explorer
Explorer
I see my pics on Photobucket are now longer displaying but instead a message shows that says I need to update my account and to go to a website. Once there, they want a lot of money to continure hosting. Is there any way to fix this?
2004 Alpenlite Sante Fe 11.5 with slideout
2006 F350 V10 with camper package and air bags
23 REPLIES 23

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
In all actuality, this is the only site I have to employ a third party host. All the other sites I visit are direct download. Consequently, I don't post pictures on here
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Only if you have a Truck camper.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Dome
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a way to get my photos out of photo bucket and into my iPhoto on my mac?

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
dpgerson wrote:
I see my pics on Photobucket are now longer displaying but instead a message shows that says I need to update my account and to go to a website. Once there, they want a lot of money to continure hosting. Is there any way to fix this?

Official RV.net solution:

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=1

sbryan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another option is one of the pay for use sites like Smugmug. It costs me $60 a year but it has great features and unlimited storage of full size, original images. $5 bucks a month is, for me, worth every penny because of the huge number of photos I have stored there. Also, their mechanism for sorting and storing photos is the best I have found.
Shawn
2013 Ford F350 6.7 CCLB Ruby Red SRW, sway bar, Bilsteins, etc
2007 Cyclone toyhauler, 18,000 GVWR
Northstar Igloo 9.5
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-2J3zF6J/0/M/i-2J3zF6J-M.jpg
US Army retired

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
Download the photobucket embedded fix extension. This allows you to view the pics you cant see from photobucket in some forums that didn't do the fix themselves..

Yes I too got rid of photobucket.

But I only use those sites to host pictures on forums. I in no what keep my thousands of pictures on web based storage.

I have two 3 TB hard drives. ( My own cloud basically)

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/photo%20bucket
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Nope, no way to fix it. I deleted all my images and then closed out my account, but not before making sure I filled out that exit survey and I stated my reasons why I'm canceling with them. I think it went on deaf ears because nothing became of it.

Best solution, use a different site. For the moment IMGUR.com seems to working and still allows photo sharing.

Hopefully, you don't store your originals on Photobucket, but only post out there what you want to share with someone else, because, pulling the photos off and resaving them is almost impossible. You have to do that one photo at a time. Fortunate for me, I never use any of these web-based (pie-in-the-sky cloud companies) retain any of my originals. All mine are on an external hard drive with identical copies on 2 different computers.

Photobucket pi**ed off a LOT of folks doing this who left Photobucket completely too.

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
Forget photobucket, they dug their own grave so put them in it.

Use imgur, it is free and far superior for ease of use and their mobile app is great.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, use another hosting site. I think most of us who used photobucket have abandoned it.