cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question to Wolf Creek owners

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
my 2015 840 has a switch in the panel that says Outside Light (or something like that). I think its top row, center switch.
But it does not do anything. There is (was) a yellow wire leaving the switch (load) but an Ohm meter shows no resistance on that wire, if there was a bulb on the wire it would show resistance.
I even called manufacture, they were going to check with engineering or something, but never called back. What does your switch do?

mine has an outside light on the back, but the switch for that light is over the door, and no the panel switch had no bearing on that light.

Now the switch has the under counter TV 12V feed and the radio feed hooked up to it :).
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.
6 REPLIES 6

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. next time I have the spice rack out I try to follow that wire. I need one of those tools that puts a tone on the wire because there is 3 yellow wires leaving the switch panel.
2022 Ford F150
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
More2Explore wrote:
I have the switch too but didn't choose the street light option. My guess is the wire goes all the way to where the switch mounts since the light is a factory option you have to order.

The Brochure on the Northwoods website refers to it as the "Roadside Utility Light" in the list of available options.

....probably could order the fixture and add the light if one was so inclined.

I ordered the roadside light and it works great. The LED lights really light up the entire side. It would be very easy to add one. You access the wires on the 850 by opening the pantry/wardrobe next to the bathroom removing the screws on the back panel. Mine was difficult to get out so i removed the small access panel in the pantry on the bathroom side wall, reaching my hand around to the backside of the panel and pushing it in.

I would recommend inspecting every nook and access panel to get to know your camper and inspect the unseen areas. I found several wires that were nicked or sliced with exposed wires!!!

Also, I too have tried to call Northwod with never a return call. Email seems best with these guys...try emailing matt.turley@northwoodmail.com for all question about your WC. He is pretty good about getting back to you.
2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

Badge366
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2015 840 has a Led light on the outside drivers side that switch controls. The light seems to be right on the back wall of the shower. You might be able to access the wires by removing the spice rack.

More2Explore
Explorer
Explorer
I have the switch too but didn't choose the street light option. My guess is the wire goes all the way to where the switch mounts since the light is a factory option you have to order.

The Brochure on the Northwoods website refers to it as the "Roadside Utility Light" in the list of available options.

....probably could order the fixture and add the light if one was so inclined.
2014 Wolf Creek 850 SB
2013 F-350 SCB SB 4X4 6.2 L

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
thanks. I see that light on the Drivers side of the 850 when I search picture. On the 2015 850 its a long LED light like I have on the rear, but the 840 don't have it, neither do the picture of other 840's my dealer has on line. Thanks. Wonder where the wire goes :).
2022 Ford F150

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Mine turns on the street side outdoor light. There's also a switch on the fixture itself.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's