cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rain coming in side access panel

Mote
Explorer
Explorer
Coming home from a recent camping trip I drove thru some heavy rain. After getting home and getting back in the camper to unload I noticed the floor was wet. Could see that it was coming from the access panel to the truck bed on the drivers side in the back. Looks like the seal in there has deteriorated.
2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL
4 REPLIES 4

Mote
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it was the side door. Not the front window. I've been working on a project on our home so I haven't had time to take a look at replacing the foam on the door. Those doors are pretty flimsy. Would be nice if they had more of a magnetic seal like a refridgerator door.
2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL

delosholly
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

From the original post, I read this to be an access dor not the front window, so I am answering it that way. Sorry if I am wrong.

When I first got my Camplite 10.0, there was a leak in the "generator storage" compartment that allowed rain water to enter the closet area. I determined that the problem was due to the door of the compartment sticking out too far allowing the rain water to soak the weather stripping and get inside. My cheap solution, and it works great, was to buy one of the pre-fab aluminum drip caps, like here http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/Drip_Cap_p/vts-515.htm .

For my small door it was less than $5 plus I had to buy some good caulk stuff and stainless steel screws. All for under $20.

Del
Delos & Holly
2013 Camplite Truck Camper 10.0
2014 Ram 2500 Reg SRW LB
2012 Burgman 650

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of us seal the drain holes
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
The pass through window has some drain holes in the bottom in many campers... high preeure wind and rain mixed can be forced into the camper from there.

Check the tracks the window slides in for water.
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare