Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ram 3500 truck bed

jdcellarmod
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
2021 short bed dually. The far left and right of the bed near the wheel wells has no ribs where the camper would rest. The ribs extend to the front of the bed. I need to fill in the two sides to give me a level area for the camper to rest on. Previous F350 had ribs next to the wheel wells. How have any of you delt with this? I am thinking of thin strips (3/8โ€) of hard maple, plastic or very hard rubber to fill in the void. Maybe even have the spray in bed liner recoated on the floor after strip install. How does one post pictures here? Thanks Jeff D
2021 Ram 3500 short bed dually
2020 Arctic Fox 865 short bed
2021 Nitro Z18
10 REPLIES 10

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gary3 wrote:
Ya just good take out a loan and buy a sheet of plywood.

:B

Gary3
Explorer
Explorer
Ya just good take out a loan and buy a sheet of plywood.
Gary  Lance  1191 solar Gen.

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
5/8" plywood covering every square inch of the bed. Model specific rubber mat on top of that that covers every square inch of the plywood.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^This. You need a mat anyway. Or in other words, this original question seems to be a solution looking for a problem. Drop the camper in and let er rip!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Most use some sort of mat, like a horse stall mat, for traction. Not relying on the friction to the smooth bed for the camper to stay in place with just the tie downs. A mat will help distribute the weight across the ribs as well.

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad

Found this... Well the ribs in bed are a bit away from where campers perimeter might sit..at least beside the wheel well. But I really don't think outer edge of camper unsupported that distance beside wheel well would be an issue.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
What kind of truck camper do you have? The bed pan on the Megacab dually is the same bed pan used on a Ram 2500/3500 short bed. Don't recall hearing any complaints about lack of support near the wheel wells from any Ram HD shortbed owners who carry truck campers.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I believe youโ€™re worried that your camper should be supported along the very outside edge which is close to the wheel wells.
I suppose you might be correct. But itโ€™s not a common concern.
If you feel itโ€™s a real problem, maybe tack some strips to the bottom of the camper along the edges.
Or you could just lay some thin plywood shims under the bed mat. Easy solution.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
Your camper should only rest on the bottom 4'x8' area, the sides should not rest on anything.
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
The easiest way to post pictures is follow the directions and use this site. http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member