cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rear Window Pass Through Boot

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
In anticipation the world will open again, i want to prep for summer and finally get a seal so I can leave the windows open between the camper and truck.

Do we have any consensus on what works best?
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)
6 REPLIES 6

thedavidzoo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check this thread where this was discussed before. We also use the boot from TCW. Works great.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/30011841/gotomsg/30011852.cfm#30011852
2014 Ram 3500 CrewCab Diesel DRW 4x4 4.10 Aisin, Torklift Fastguns, Upper Stableloads, Timbrens
2017 Northstar 12' STC
640W solar, 400Ah lithium LiFeMnPO4 batteries

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Northstar and my dealer, Truck Camper Warehouse, used to sell a big vinyl covered foam boot. Mine still works after 10 years.

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I went via several options and learned the hard way:
-Styrofoam blocks move and eventually fly away
-inflatable boots don't adjust for taper and fly away
So finally I went to Walmart and bought swimming noodles, while cutting foam block and double-sided them to truck window to compensate for 3" tilt.
Than I cut the noodle to form square around the window and put a rope inside to hold the square together.
Worked for last 6000 miles of Alaska vacations.

2_many_2
Explorer III
Explorer III
BobsYourUncle wrote:
Could you get a big old inner tube, carefully position it and inflate it?

Years ago this is what I did to get some A/C back to my dogs in a truck shell. The space was very narrow so I used a bicycle inner tube. I just carried it behind the seat with a very small bike hand pump and put it in when I needed it.

Cracking a window in the camper shell seemed to help draw the cold air back there. It was waterproof and did not wear the paint off of the truck or shell.

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
On my Ford, I just cut and glued some ordinary PU cushion foam. Made a rectangle surrounding the opening, had to make it a little wedge shaped to match the tilt of the cab back. Stick it in there as I am backing up, it is compressed between camper and cab. I intended to cover it with something but never did, it has held up for several years. Really serious cross wind gusts will begin to move it around at the top, so I stuck a couple of small aluminum angles on the overhang with VHB tape to trap it, solved that problem.
Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

Could you get a big old inner tube, carefully position it and inflate it?
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com