cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recall of 19/20 Ram Cummins 6.7 diesels

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
It seems like Ram wants to rid themselves of the Bosch 4.2 injection pump!

Recall notice
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"
36 REPLIES 36

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
FishOnOne wrote:
ksss wrote:
It really was surprising that they went with CP4. They clearly saw the issues Ford and GM were having running that pump when they were running the CP3.

The CP4.2 pump doesn't like air in the system especially when you change the filters. Not having a lift pump was a big mistake with GM's implementation. I believe they have one now.

They also switched to the Denseo pump.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
ksss wrote:
It really was surprising that they went with CP4. They clearly saw the issues Ford and GM were having running that pump when they were running the CP3.

The CP4.2 pump doesn't like air in the system especially when you change the filters. Not having a lift pump was a big mistake with GM's implementation. I believe they have one now.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's probably the motivation for the change.

Link

I will say that cummins implementation of the CP4.2 asymmetrical pump was a disaster and not sure why this was required, but may have something to do with the fuel pulses/load on the pump with the 6 cylinder firing order setup. Anyways it just shows any manufacturer can implement a change that wasn't tested thoroughly and it backfired on them.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm, build date on truck was 11/2020.
I don't recall the door sticker giving an actual "date" like the 10th or the 8th of November.
I will have to double check in the morning.

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Dumb choice to ever switch to the CP4 but at least they're trying to make it right. It's baffling to me that Ford hasn't gone to something else yet.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
What a shame that a long respected company like Bosch turns into a company like this. Bosch is turning into Sears or Kmart. Sad, just sad.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln