cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recall of 19/20 Ram Cummins 6.7 diesels

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
It seems like Ram wants to rid themselves of the Bosch 4.2 injection pump!

Recall notice
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"
36 REPLIES 36

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10180256-9999.pdf
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
otrfun wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
. . . my response was to the vague claim without any specifics. Wasn't denying anything just wanting specifics to what was referred to . . .
Absolutely nothing vague about what I said, Cummins12V98. You completely missed the context.

I mentioned the Ram vs. Cummins lawsuit (circa 2015-2017) as a possible precedence for how Ram and Cummins may potentially have problems sharing future costs for the CP4 warranty claims. Nothing more, nothing less. If you wanted more specifics or details all you had to do was take the time to google it.

You mentioned previously you "didn't miss anything". Either you did or you didn't. Which is it????

Bottom line, I wasn't being vague. You simply failed (or refused) to connect the dots.

Sorry not a mind reader and you did NOT mention any specifics.

Anyway I am done wasting my time on this of it makes you happy you win.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
stsmark wrote:
So I was doing some digging and is it correct that they have not gone back to the CP3 but actually switched to a symmetric cam CP4? The trouble pump was a Asymmetric cam CP4.
What you're referencing was a mid-year CP4 fix action. The pump on the 2021+ Rams looks strikingly similar to the CP3 pump on our 2016. The Ram 2019-2020 CP4 pumps have a very distinct 90 degree, "V-twin" looking piston/lobe assembly on the exterior which is not found on the CP3.

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
. . . my response was to the vague claim without any specifics. Wasn't denying anything just wanting specifics to what was referred to . . .
Absolutely nothing vague about what I said, Cummins12V98. You completely missed the context.

I mentioned the Ram vs. Cummins lawsuit (circa 2015-2017) as a possible precedence for how Ram and Cummins may potentially have problems sharing future costs for the CP4 warranty claims. Nothing more, nothing less. If you wanted more specifics or details all you had to do was take the time to google it.

You mentioned previously you "didn't miss anything". Either you did or you didn't. Which is it????

Bottom line, I wasn't being vague. You simply failed (or refused) to connect the dots.

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer
So I was doing some digging and is it correct that they have not gone back to the CP3 but actually switched to a symmetric cam CP4? The trouble pump was a Asymmetric cam CP4.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
cummins2014 wrote:
Me Again wrote:
otrfun wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
" I believe Ram and Cummins went to court a few years back over who was responsible for various warranty issues."

As a friend would say to me "please prove that".
Google is your friend. Surprised you missed this. Here's one link, among many, that provide some details.

Yep, my 2015 got that recall. As part of it they removed one of the sensors that was causing false error codes.

Same here on my 2014.

Mine did also but my response was to the vague claim without any specifics. Wasn't denying anything just wanting specifics to what was referred to.

Kinda like when people constantly claimed Ford owned Cummins. The FACT was they owned shares in Cummins but NEVER owned Cummins.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
otrfun wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
" I believe Ram and Cummins went to court a few years back over who was responsible for various warranty issues."

Google is your friend. Surprised you missed this. Here's one link, among many, that provide some details.

Yep, my 2015 got that recall. As part of it they removed one of the sensors that was causing false error codes.

Same here on my 2014.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
otrfun wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
otrfun wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Not that I missed anything buy you said "I believe" and in my book that means it may or may not be true.

But hey thanks for the link.
You're welcome for the link!

Interesting how you supposedly didn't miss anything, but still asked me to "prove" it. Either you did miss something and you're embarrassed to admit it . . . or you had an ulterior, less than sincere, motive for asking me to prove something you already knew to be true, Cummins12V98. Which is it? Be truthful now ๐Ÿ™‚

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
otrfun wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Not that I missed anything buy you said "I believe" and in my book that means it may or may not be true.

But hey thanks for the link.

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III

While under the 5/100 powertrain warranty the pumps will be replaced. Now they will be replacing all of them on their own dime.

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe I missed it, but didn't see any mention in the Safety Recall Report nor the tfltruck.com link about the $8000-$15,000 fix action when a CP4 grenades. Gotta wonder who (Ram, Cummins, or both) is going to foot the bill to address this problem on 600,000+ trucks. I believe Ram and Cummins went to court a few years back over who was responsible for various warranty issues.

Are these CP4 class-action lawsuits gaining much traction? Can't imagine the hit to Ford and Ram's bottom line if they lose.

mudfuel07
Explorer
Explorer
Where have you seen that it's not spec'ed for 15W40? The 17, 20 and now 18 that I had all said either that or 5W40. The fuel pump was one of the reasons I traded my 20 in on a 18, along with the overheating isues I could never figure out.
2020 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD 4x4 Tradesman(with a few toys)
2020 Puma by Palomino 32RBFQ for the kids!