cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair Help (Sealing)

Riley01
Explorer
Explorer
The instructions warned me but I screwed up anyways when I mounted the storage brackets for the Stablecampers on my AF 1150. They were right, you don’t want to have to remove these. If you ever put these on learn from my mistake and be sure there isn’t any interference. In my case I should have mounted them further towards the outside of the camper. Where I mounted them they came out right above the rails on the truck bed. I was shy about a half inch, now I get to fix the spots (4) where I removed them. That adhesive is some tough stuff.

What would the proper material be to fix these (4) spots? It seems like the paint used is some type of vinyl as it melted pretty easy when I used the heat gun to soften the adhesive.

Thanks,
Rick

2019 Ram 3500 CC/8' bed/DRW/4WD/factory air leveling
CTD HO/Aisin/4:10/max tow package
19 REPLIES 19

RickW
Explorer III
Explorer III
I might try filling the recess with 3M 5200 first.
Rick
04 GMC 1500 4X4X4, 04 Sunlite SB

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Likely not paint but vinyl laminated to ply, looks like luan.
Will some of the original area be covered by new location?
Or how far do they need to be moved.
Id lean toward using thin material screwed using existing holes, bedded in caulk to cover 'oops'. Aluminum flat bar, 1/8" or better would work. Possibly covering old location extending to beneath new location.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
second the eternabond tape with a good bit of overlap.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
It looks a whole like the liquid water proof membrane used in showers and small decorative ponds. It can be found at tile stores.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I would use Eternabond.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.