Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Refrigerator Losing Its Cool

Delano1981
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Everyone,

I have a question about the refrigerator in my travel trailer. The trailer is a 1993 Terry Resort 24C and the fridge is a Dometic RM2611. It cools great on propane staying 35 degrees in the refrigerator and very cold in the ice box. However, on our way home this past weekend from the North Rim AZ, the refrigerator temp was at 65 degrees after 6 hours of driving with the propane off. Outside temperature was around 100 degrees. I have read that a refrigerator should only lose 4 degrees in 8 hours, so this is not right. It is also not recommended to travel with the refrigerator and propane on. Any ideas what could be wrong?
Thanks
2007 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4X4 5.7L Hemi
1993 Terry Resort 24C
17 REPLIES 17

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Delano1981 wrote:
It is also not recommended to travel with the refrigerator and propane on.
By whom? As donn said, the vast majority of us do it all the time. I can provide hundreds of pages of discussion on this if you care to wade through it.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Not recomended by who?
Probably 98% of us travel with the refer on. That means propane on too! There is nothing wrong with doing it that way.
Off, your probsbly lucky it only got up to 65.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
I tried that one time and the temps went far too high. Only rise 4 degrees in four hours? Not possible imo. I also tried it with a resi and it went too high so we power it as needed and don't mess with that.

I've always traveled with propane running before I had a residential.