Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Temperature Monitor

DaWhee
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks,
Like others, our pets stay in our rig for short periods of time. We are very careful to make certain that if there are issues related to our HVAC, we can respond. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who is using a temperature monitoring system that will send a high (or low) temperature alert to a smart phone. Thanks very much.
- Dave
3 REPLIES 3

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you do a search regarding Pet Temp monitors, you should see posts regarding the system I've been using for years now. I can go into detail if interested but its consists of a Temp alarm and blue tooth device from amazon and an extra working cell phone. For my Verizon based service, I pay 10 bucks for 4 months so 30.00 a year to keep the cell phone up and running.

You set the alarm points, lets say 85 degree's, if the inside temp reaches the set point or the power is interrupted, you will get a call from the stationery cell phone to your cell phone(it can dial up to 4 numbers)..you will get a message indicating the problem(temp or power).
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
last summer i bought a marCell 500 cellular monitoring system off amazon. it only needs power and a cell phone signal to work. doesnt have to be a strong signal, just enough to make a cell call. no internet needed except to go to their webpage to register and set limits and notifications it plugs into a 110 outlet but if power cuts off it has a rechargeable battery backup for a period of time. it monitors temp and humidity. you pre set your temp and humidity limits high and low range. if temps go out of range you receive texts (my iphone and my wifes iphone, both our emails, and both receive automated phone calls so there is a great system. its not cheap 199.00, and i think a yearly subscription is 99 bucks, but we travel with 4 small dogs. we don't usually leave them alone in camper more than 3 or 4 hours at a time but its cheap insurance to be notified if temps get into the hazzard zone. we always stay close enough to campground to return in an emergency situation. i can say that it works as its supposed too. after breaking camp, turning off a/c in summer, then heading down the road towing, we receive alert that power is out, when temps get past our setting which is 82 degrees towing down the road, we receive alerts.

The_Owl
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the temperature sensors or thermostats have to have some sort of a WiFi setup to transmit to you. You might have to look at a hotspot to use while camping that runs off cellular. We have some WiFi thermostats at our church and itโ€™s pretty cool. I can check the temperatures and run the units from anywhere I have service. I threaten the pastor that Iโ€™m going to mess with them when I travel but I donโ€™t have the gumption. Good luck with your research.