cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Seasoned T/C Owner Needs your help.!!

nodepositnoretu
Explorer
Explorer
Have owned a Lance since 1999. Been cross country, beach camping ,you name it.
Currently own a 2006 Lance 1055. It was a friends who passed away. Every time I use it Iโ€™m reminded of him. I need to make a chance. Now here is why I need you, and you and you.
Wife and I are selling the house and want to travel. Here is the deal, at first I was going to get a 40 foot fifth wheel with 6 slides. I was all set trying to pick it out. Went to Hershey show sat in them. Then I watched a You tube video of a chap over from Europe using a Kind of class C ,built ion a VW chassis,it got 26 mpg. Ever space was really thought out. They toured South America,Central and Mexico and now the USA.
I was like so impressed I got to thinking of how much fun we had in the T/C and HOW many 5th wheel owners that said to me they wished they had something so easy to deal with.
So now Iโ€™m thinking .....I own a great truck a 03 Dodge Dually with 129,000 miles on it and I would be whacked not to use it.

So Iโ€™m looking and like the Host ,Cascade ,but I also like the modernist approach Cirrus has in their 920.
The one thing I do like is a comfortable chair to relax in. Host seems to be the only one that has stadium seating..

I was also looking at Sportmobiles but I donโ€™t think they are going to be as comfortable as a truck camper? This is why Iโ€™m going a bit bonkers. ( yea I know everyone should have my issues)
But the expense of a class a A DP rules them out , travel trailer is ok I guess but still dragging something, 5 th wheel, pretty big, Truck Camper? Class B Super C ?
We like National parks, Federal Land ,Iโ€™d also like to go to Alaska that would be a drag hauling a 40 footer up there? So there are members here who own big campers and truck campers ,and others that have had similar decisions to make. If you have a moment let me know your thoughts. Iโ€™m big on European type RVs with efficient refrigeration,heating ,water heating. And economy. Thx mike
2003 Dodge Dually Cummins 4x4, HO,Smarty ,4โ€,airbox gutted,2 micron CAT fuel,.Lance 2005 1055.Solar, Loaded.110,000 Easy miles.
15 REPLIES 15

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
put a flat bed & 19.5 s on your dodge and your set! , we've done several 6 month trips and never had clothing & storage problems
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011