cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slideout Coming in Crooked

bjkb1f
Explorer
Explorer
Went camping this weekend and slide out went out just fine, but when we went to bring it in, it started coming in like normal, then one side started moving faster then the other, so it got crooked but then straightened out just as it was about to close completely.

Opened and closed it completely several times hoping it would realign itself, but it didn't. Any advice on what to do next? The TT is an Apex Nano, frame is Lippert, but I'm not sure the model/manufacturer of the slideout components.

Thanks all!
6 REPLIES 6

bjkb1f
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys. I’ll try this. Really appreciate it.

I assume the controller will be part of or close to the slide out?

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
azdryheat wrote:
nickthehunter wrote:
azdryheat wrote:
Most likely a Schwintek system. Plenty of trouble shooting videos on the net. In your case you might try running the slide all the way out then bring it in a foot then back out. Do that 3 or 4 times and it might fix the alignment issue. You might look for the controller and check for an error code.
I don't have my schwintek book with me right now but I'm pretty sure that's what you don't want to do. What you do is run it out all the way and hold the button down an extra 3 or 4 seconds after it stops. Then run it in all the way and hold the button after it stops. You do that every time you run it in or out. Never stop when it is part way in or it.
OK, call Lippert and tell them their video is wrong. When one side is moving differently than the other side you want to re-time the motors and what I previously posted is exactly what Lippert wants a person to do. LINK
I stand corrected.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
nickthehunter wrote:
azdryheat wrote:
Most likely a Schwintek system. Plenty of trouble shooting videos on the net. In your case you might try running the slide all the way out then bring it in a foot then back out. Do that 3 or 4 times and it might fix the alignment issue. You might look for the controller and check for an error code.
I don't have my schwintek book with me right now but I'm pretty sure that's what you don't want to do. What you do is run it out all the way and hold the button down an extra 3 or 4 seconds after it stops. Then run it in all the way and hold the button after it stops. You do that every time you run it in or out. Never stop when it is part way in or it.
OK, call Lippert and tell them their video is wrong. When one side is moving differently than the other side you want to re-time the motors and what I previously posted is exactly what Lippert wants a person to do. LINK
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
azdryheat wrote:

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If rack and pinion type, check your shear pins.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE